Who wins Region 6A?

rebelman101

Region 6A tournament is right around the corner! District 11 has two great teams (McKenzie and West Carroll), and a solid team (Huntingdon). District 11 should be more competitive this year than last year. I know that in 12A the top three are Summertown, Loretto, and Wayne County. Don't know much about District 12 teams, so let us 11A folks know about them. Should be a fun tournament at Bethel. Who wins the 6A region?

18 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Region 6A tournament is right around the corner! District 11 has two great teams (McKenzie and West Carroll), and a solid team (Huntingdon). District 11 should be more competitive this year than last year. I know that in 12A the top three are Summertown, Loretto, and Wayne County. Don't know much about District 12 teams, so let us 11A folks know about them. Should be a fun tournament at Bethel. Who wins the 6A region?

Huntingdon upset West Carroll last night so the War Eagles have to travel to district 12 for a first round region game. Somebody in 12 gonna have a tough region opener. McKenzie played really well last night. They're a very strong team that's gonna be a tough out for any of the 12 squads. Rebels have size and quickness and are playing their best ball now. Huntingdon is about as good as a team can be that doesn't have a starter over 6 ft. They're a pesky bunch that play really hard. West Carroll should have beat us 15 points but they didn't.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon upset West Carroll last night so the War Eagles have to travel to district 12 for a first round region game. Somebody in 12 gonna have a tough region opener. McKenzie played really well last night. They're a very strong team that's gonna be a tough out for any of the 12 squads. Rebels have size and quickness and are playing their best ball now. Huntingdon is about as good as a team can be that doesn't have a starter over 6 ft. They're a pesky bunch that play really hard. West Carroll should have beat us 15 points but they didn't.

Yea I was shocked when I saw the score between Huntingdon and West Carroll. West Carroll just kind of fell apart in the second half.  Huntingdon plays hard on every possession and they crash the boards very well. The mustangs are very patient on the offensive end and look for the best shot.  They will be a tough out for anyone in regional play. 

On 2/12/2019 at 2:19 PM, rebelman101 said:

12A Top 2 teams have been Loretto and Summertown.. Loretto beat Summertown at home by 3 and won by 4 at Summertown in 3 OT. Their district semifinals are tonight at Perry County. The next 2 teams are Wayne County and Perry Co. They split in the regular season, each winning at home. 

Loretto has good guard play with a big (about 6’6”) athletic post. Not a lot of perimeter shooting but gets to the rim. 

Summertown is guard oriented. Starts 5 seniors, shoots the 3 a lot. Doesn’t have much size other than a SG (about 6’5”) and  their post player (about 6’3”) but he is quick and has a motor. 

Wayne County starts 5 seniors (I believe). They have 3 very good players, 1 of those being about 6’5”’athletic post to go along with shooters around them.  Best player is Risner, he can score from perimeter to post. 

Perry County isn’t very big but maybe the best coached team. They have some young guards but they are good players. They also have active post players.

amything can happen in a tourney we all know. 

I believe Loretto, Summertown, McKenzie are top 3 teams in the region. No particular order. 

Edited by cbballfan

10 minutes ago, cbballfan said:

12A Top 2 teams have been Loretto and Summertown.. Loretto beat Summertown at home by 3 and won by 4 at Summertown in 3 OT. Their district semifinals are tonight at Perry County. The next 2 teams are Wayne County and Perry Co. They split in the regular season, each winning at home. 

Loretto has good guard play with a big (about 6’6”) athletic post. Not a lot of perimeter shooting but gets to the rim. 

Summertown is guard oriented. Starts 5 seniors, shoots the 3 a lot. Doesn’t have much size other than a SG (about 6’5”) and  their post player (about 6’3”) but he is quick and has a motor. 

Wayne County starts 5 seniors (I believe). They have 3 very good players, 1 of those being about 6’5”’athletic post to go along with shooters around them.  Best player is Risner, he can score from perimeter to post. 

Perry County isn’t very big but maybe the best coached team. They have some young guards but they are good players. They also have active post players.

amything can happen in a tourney we all know. 

I believe Loretto, Summertown, McKenzie are too 3 teams in the region. No particular order. 

Thanks for the info!! It is hard when the other district is 2 hours away and the teams don't play the same teams that you play. Sounds like Loretto and Summertown may have another battle for the district title if they win their semifinal games tonight. Wayne County and Perry County sound like they are solid teams and they will be a tough matchup for either Huntingdon or McKenzie. West Carroll got upset the other night by Huntingdon in the district semis so they will be a tough matchup for 12A's runner up. I haven't seen flim or watched any of your teams play, but sounds like yall have some great teams.

33 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Thanks for the info!! It is hard when the other district is 2 hours away and the teams don't play the same teams that you play. Sounds like Loretto and Summertown may have another battle for the district title if they win their semifinal games tonight. Wayne County and Perry County sound like they are solid teams and they will be a tough matchup for either Huntingdon or McKenzie. West Carroll got upset the other night by Huntingdon in the district semis so they will be a tough matchup for 12A's runner up. I haven't seen flim or watched any of your teams play, but sounds like yall have some great teams.

Upsets can definitely throw a kink into things come this time of year, I noticed where Huntingdon and West Carroll split during the regular season. If WC is the better team, it does put the best 2 11A teams in the same side of the regional bracket with the 12A runner up..... which means on the 12A side, being the 1 seed would be an advantage for sure, as far as making to a substate game.

12 hours ago, cbballfan said:

Upsets can definitely throw a kink into things come this time of year, I noticed where Huntingdon and West Carroll split during the regular season. If WC is the better team, it does put the best 2 11A teams in the same side of the regional bracket with the 12A runner up..... which means on the 12A side, being the 1 seed would be an advantage for sure, as far as making to a substate game.

Yes this is true. McKenzie won the title tonight so a rematch could be likely with West Carroll. 

6 hours ago, rebelman101 said:

Yes this is true. McKenzie won the title tonight so a rematch could be likely with West Carroll. 

Huntingdon lead McKenzie for 3 quarters. McKenzie came out after halftime with an aggressive full court press. Stripes called 3 fouls on the Rebels the second half. Mustangs couldn't handle the pressure and couldn't get a call. You would think you would get 3 decent refs for a district championship game. These guys were bush league!

16 hours ago, Croppygenius said:

Huntingdon lead McKenzie for 3 quarters. McKenzie came out after halftime with an aggressive full court press. Stripes called 3 fouls on the Rebels the second half. Mustangs couldn't handle the pressure and couldn't get a call. You would think you would get 3 decent refs for a district championship game. These guys were bush league!

We didn't play well in the first half, so we had to pick up the pace of the game. I didn't much attention to the refs during the game because everyone on McKenzie's side was talking about how bad we were playing. I thought in the fourth quarter we really turned it on and began  to look like our old selves. Give all the credit to Huntingdon. The mustangs came in with a great game plan, and yall played well for 3 quarters.