13 and 14 AA Coach of the Year and Player of the Year....caller you're on!

RealisticFan45

I feel all the coaches in 14AA do a pretty good job with what they have to work with, with maybe the exception of NS. Robertson knows the game but not sure those kids are willing to buy in to the direction he is trying to go. Those school that came form Single A really don't have the numbers and aren't accustomed to the physicality of AA ball yet

1 hour ago, RealisticFan45 said:

I feel all the coaches in 14AA do a pretty good job with what they have to work with, with maybe the exception of NS. Robertson knows the game but not sure those kids are willing to buy in to the direction he is trying to go. Those school that came form Single A really don't have the numbers and aren't accustomed to the physicality of AA ball yet

North Side needs to go in a different direction. Robertson seems like he knows what he's doing, but the actual game determines otherwise. I believe team went 2-22 this season. They are 6-85 since 20-15-2016 season, and have yet to win a district game in this new district. 

Give Northside coach some time.  Coach before him didn't win either.  Takes time to build a culture of winning.  

McNeil has talent and could care less about his football experience.  He has had a lot of talent the last few years and should have been to state at least 4 times.  Lost in regions and was beaten in substate at home.  Wouldn't surprise me if they get beat in region or substate this year

The only substate game SS has had, they won in 2017. Other than that they haven't been to state before then since 1994. Other coaches in that district has had talent as well and have no state tournament appearances. I'm a 14AA fan and supporter, but you don't pose a good argument IMO. I have seen many talented teams not make it past region. Does that make the coach "worst in the district"?

29 minutes ago, Bobcats83 said:

Give Northside coach some time.  Coach before him didn't win either.  Takes time to build a culture of winning.  

McNeil has talent and could care less about his football experience.  He has had a lot of talent the last few years and should have been to state at least 4 times.  Lost in regions and was beaten in substate at home.  Wouldn't surprise me if they get beat in region or substate this year

Im guessing by the name that youre from Mcnairy, i could be wrong. Lott has had some talent and how many state tournament appearances has he had in the last 10-15 years? I look at him as a legend or at least pretty good since he's got his name on the floor, lol. 

Edited by RealisticFan45

Coach Lott has forgotten more about coaching than McNeal knows today. If your team does not have the players, you are not going to the state. How many other active high school coaches in West Tennessee have their name on the court.

Ask any college coach who is the best player in the district?  Their answer will be Khyla Wade-Warren. If you take away Miller's snowbird layups, she would average 10 points a game. She will be the district player of the year because of her team's success and her points total.

Pipkin should be this year's coach of the year.

12 minutes ago, Macnarry said:

Coach Lott has forgotten more about coaching than McNeal knows today. If your team does not have the players, you are not going to the state. How many other active high school coaches in West Tennessee have their name on the court.

Ask any college coach who is the best player in the district?  Their answer will be Khyla Wade-Warren. If you take away Miller's snowbird layups, she would average 10 points a game. She will be the district player of the year because of her team's success and her points total.

Pipkin should be this year's coach of the year.

Lott has had players. Not sure about the active coaches with names on the floor, so tell me? Just looked on unapproved website at Millers stats. I would have to beg to differ. She averages 5 steals per game so if that leads to layups thats 10 points plus the snowbirds you mention, i guess that's where the other 10 and 20+ point average comes in along with her rim attacks and the FTs when she cares to make them. I will agree, Warren is a great player when she asserts herself, but the 3 or 4 games ive seen her she just roams around the 3 point line

Amos, Phelps, Robertson?, Sweat sisters i believe, #51 from last year all played college ball and I am sure there are many more that has been under his coaching that played and were capable of making a run. Now he has Warren(D1 offers) and #31, could be a dangerous duo. So, we cant really say its about who has the players. 

Pipkin will probably get it. Nobody areound the district likes SS or McNeal

Edited by RealisticFan45

I watch a LOT of girls high school basketball in the area and a good evaluator when it comes to talent and I agree Wade-Warren is the best college prospect in the district and Miller is a close second behind her. Size may be a issue, but in terms of scoring and being active defensively, she checks those boxes. Also I'm not sure it's anyone in this region that can cover her one on one.