13 and 14 AA Coach of the Year and Player of the Year....caller you're on!

RealisticFan45

2 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know Dyersburg coach Joel Ayers was the COY. Don’t know who the POY was but I think it was the Crockett girl. 

Ho

7 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

I meant POY and COY not who won

Oh ok. How did Dyersburg coach win? Should have been well Westview Coach or Crockett County! 

3 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

I know Dyersburg coach Joel Ayers was the COY. Don’t know who the POY was but I think it was the Crockett girl. 

Actually... Coach Ayers, Coach Hudson, and Coach Haskins were all named co-coaches of the year... and was a first of me ever seeing or hearing something like that. I guess they decided that all the coaches get a trophy here... probably should’ve narrowed it down to 1 or 2 somehow.

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Actually... Coach Ayers, Coach Hudson, and Coach Haskins were all named co-coaches of the year... and was a first of me ever seeing or hearing something like that. I guess they decided that all the coaches get a trophy here... probably should’ve narrowed it down to 1 or 2 somehow.

That’s crazy to me too. I have never heard of such! Guess since we’re in the “everyone gets a trophy” generation then they had to apply it to coaches too

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I had no idea it was all three. I saw it on the DHS Facebook page and it didn’t mention the others. That is crazy but honestly I think a case could be made for all 3. In regards to Ayers he didn’t have the overall talent that he normally has. Young team this year. But he got a lot out of them and will be a tough game for someone in the first round of the region tournament. 

3 hours ago, sportslover88 said:

That’s crazy to me too. I have never heard of such! Guess since we’re in the “everyone gets a trophy” generation then they had to apply it to coaches too

There are 6 coaches in the district. Each coach received two votes. Pure math, nothing to do with the "trophy mentality." Coaches obviously each had their opinion on what made someone "Coach of the Year." I'm proud for all three of them.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BABABA said:

What a joke! Co-Co-Co-coaches of the year! lol

Complete horse manure!  Nobody’s job is on the line if they don’t win coach of the year.  Pick a person, fairly and move on!  The “snowflaking” of America played out in girls HS basketball. Let’s not hurt anyone’s feelings!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Wilson from Chester! 14AA is a joke, thats just as bad as the Co Co Co Co Coach of the Year on 13AA!

I understand that most other coaches hate Brent, but how do you take the award from Miller? She has over 2000 points! Wilson is definitely not deserving of the award!! How do a 4th place team get COY & POY smh everybody knows that Miller is the best player in 14AA!! How do you cheat a kid? I call bull crap!!