Waverly 2019 - Head Coach: Randall Boldin

TheAmbassador

14 hours ago, Super8Dad said:

Come on swarm, I can't believe you starting that mess already!:lol: Don't forget, both of the last two meetings were battles with us winning one of them, so it's not a tall order to pull it off.  Can't wait to see what this guy can do! I've heard nothing but good things about him!

Sorry. I couldn't let the opportunity pass. Lol. 

I predict you guys will be alot better than many expect this coming season. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

Waverly SHOULD be in the semifinals. Anything less will be a disappointment. With Columbia Academy leaving it makes that path to the semifinals a lot easier. 

It seems that everyone has forgotten the fact that Waverly loses 3 Mr. Football finalists/winners. There are not anymore like them in Humphreys County.  Waverly could outscore people with those 3 kids.  It does not take a rocket scientist to see it will not be the same.

22 hours ago, sportman said:

When you can when a gold ball and beat SP who they haven't beat in 2 full graduating classes, 26 years to be a matter of fact and finally beat them and Greenback, the giant in 1A the last few year's  and 1A champs the year before, well that's a good resume to leave on, plus, no way he has as much talent coming back as he did this past year. That was a once in a lifetime group that came through Whitwell and will never see again.  Plus, for him to be able to go home and I'm sure make more money, it's a no brainer. Good luck to him though. 

Waverly had the same once in a lifetime group come through as well.  They are now gone.  Not sure if this is not a lateral move at best, aside from the fact he is going home, which is nice.  At least he has that going for him.

5 hours ago, Swarm said:

Sorry. I couldn't let the opportunity pass. Lol. 

I predict you guys will be alot better than many expect this coming season. 

Thanks Swarm! That's what I've been posting all off season, but they keep calling me crazy just because we lost the 3 headed monster! I completely agree that we lost ALOT! But people don't realize we didn't lose everything! They'll just have to see it to believe it I guess! :thumb:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ocac said:

It seems that everyone has forgotten the fact that Waverly loses 3 Mr. Football finalists/winners. There are not anymore like them in Humphreys County.  Waverly could outscore people with those 3 kids.  It does not take a rocket scientist to see it will not be the same.

3 Mr Football finalists/winners are good to have on a team but it takes a complete team(Trenton-Peabody) to win gold. Waverly will have that mindset now! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ocac said:

You are right we won't be the same without those 3 and a couple others but all we're going to be looking for this year is scoring one more point than our opponents each week. That's all it takes.

• Like 3