Best 1-A team since 2000 (yes I'm bored)

22 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I have to ask you guys why the 1987 Cherokees are never mentioned?The GB D was outstanding and running game on offense wasnt ever slowed down,not to mention one of the best special teams as a whole i have ever seen in high school.Yes i was a player and maybe a little bias but i am also a person who see's it like it is.I saw a bunch of these other teams play minus the 69 Pirates and the 77 Naders.That Greenback team was huge up front and the D line and LBrs were mean.I remember a very,very good Gordonsville team coming into GB just knowing they were going to beat us in the semis and we make a mistake on the very fisrt play and Jamie Angel goes 77 yards and runs out of his shoe for a TD,then they didnt get nothing the rest of the night for a 17-7 loss.We score over 500 points and gave up less than 120 (most of which were against the 2nd team because we were on the sidelines after the half most games).Then routed a Richland team 32-0 (could have named the score) in the ship pulled the starters end of the third.

Then I would have to throw 1985 Lake County on the list!  :roflol:. . . and maybe even those 1986 Springhill Thieves. :twisted:

Edited by rlh

On 2/15/2019 at 12:12 PM, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

The NCS team was bought and paid for. Private schools do not take Special Education students but NCS bused them in from all over Nashville. All of them were athletes. 

Wonder why all the sudden several of those studs transferred out to Siegel and Oakland? 

Not gonna argue that the NCS team was bought. You might be correct as I have no clue. However you are wrong about private schools admitting sped kids. Happens all the time. Private schools gladly take their money as well. I know numerous families with kids in private schools that have learning disabilities. Also you sound like you are insinuating that the “studs” for NCS were in fact sped kids. You have no way of knowing that unless their direct teacher violated federal law and told you something that was part of a confidential IEP. Please don’t make assumptions.