Clay County vs Pickett County tonight

UCSportsFan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, rabbitranch said:

When the better team wins, why not just suck it up and accept the loss rather than trying to convince people who know better, that there was a grand scheme to rob Pickett Co. of a win? Bad calls do happen. I'm sure your team has had their share of bad calls that were favorable to them!

Usually don't chime in on these things, but seriously were you at this particular game? If the answer is no, you really don't know. If the answer is yes and you think that game was officiated well, then I got nothing for ya. I never get on here and say anything about officiating, but this was a disgrace that a district tournament game was officiated this poorly and I will leave it at that. 

One team shot 36 free throws. 3 6! 36! One shot 11. The foul count....sweet mother...

The better team might have won. I am not saying they didn't. But anyone that was there and honest, on both sides, will tell you, the officiating 100% played a significant impact in the outcome of the game. 

27 minutes ago, Play 4 Fun said:

Usually don't chime in on these things, but seriously were you at this particular game? If the answer is no, you really don't know. If the answer is yes and you think that game was officiated well, then I got nothing for ya. I never get on here and say anything about officiating, but this was a disgrace that a district tournament game was officiated this poorly and I will leave it at that. 

One team shot 36 free throws. 3 6! 36! One shot 11. The foul count....sweet mother...

The better team might have won. I am not saying they didn't. But anyone that was there and honest, on both sides, will tell you, the officiating 100% played a significant impact in the outcome of the game. 

Very well said, but it also needs to be pointed out that at the time that the technicals started, Pickett had cut the lead to 35-30 and should have been going to the line with a chance to cut it to 3. The non called obvious foul, was the call that resulted in the first technical.  In a span of a couple minutes, a probable 3 point lead became 15 points, with no baskets made, with 2 more technicals called and coach and fans tossed.  Every time I think I’ve seen the worst officiated game of the year, three more refs  step up and say “ oh yeah?, watch this”.   I have no loyalty on either side, I was there to watch what I thought would be the best game close to where I was.