Clay County vs Pickett County tonight

UCSportsFan

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said by play4fun.  Best team won but I thought Pickett got worst of it, especially early.  Clay county guard,number 20, was difference in my opinion.  I would to know how it would of come out had technicals not occured but I still think Clay would of won.  Even before the technicals Pickett girls seemed to be frustrated by officials.  Maybe rematch down road...

17 hours ago, Onetownguy said:

The head of officials is from clay county. His wife was one of the officials. He may live in McMinnville now. But he is from clay. 

So the head of officiating is from Clay County and his wife was a ref in a district tournament game that Clay played in? And this is the same game Pickett coach/some fans were ejected from?

1 hour ago, Ringmaster17 said:

So the head of officiating is from Clay County and his wife was a ref in a district tournament game that Clay played in? And this is the same game Pickett coach/some fans were ejected from?

And then don’t forget. The other guy (Rick Shoulders) is another head officials for the area. His daughter was one of the officials. 

The biggest problem was that Pickett is used to getting the calls when they drive in. These officials apparently weren’t aware of that. The tall blonde ref is one of the best and fairest in the area. Pickett was driving in and taking poor shots expecting a foul that didn’t occur. Maybe a couple of bad calls but then again there always are. Not as bad as described. 

Every year come tournament time officials get tighter and dont call as many touch fouls. They basically let them play a little more. Alot of teams,coaches,and fans rely on those calls for thier team to be competitive aka "free throws." When it don't happen and the point margin gap increases all heck breaks out.Good players are supposed to avoid contact with moves, head fakes, Jab steps ,step back jumpers, not head down bull in ring drives . Defense has a right for position too, moving or not moving, they can't just be bulled over.