Really TSSAA? Piss pour Mat set up for state finals

durdon

Come on TSSAA you put all four mats in the center???  The Girl mat and the AA MATS are in front of the sections that are half sections so they hardly any seats and you have the D2 and AAA mats together so they are splitting 3 sections.  Then you put the table and clock in front of the sections so that it blocks the view of the parents.  Two hours before the finals and all the semi close seats are taken.  We have this big arena and you crammed the mats in the center.  Just horrible, just horrible. 

All you had to do was put the mats 1,2,3,4 in straight line down the one side of the arena  with the full seats and put the table and clock in the center of the arena.  Yes, this would have put all the fans on one side of the arena but there would have been a ton of room for all the parents and fans.   A ton of room with close seats to the mats the fans want to watch.  

Just absolulty piss pour planning TSSAA!!!

just Horrible!! 

Edited by durdon
  • Upvote 2

Some random thoughts from the finals....

Putting AAA on the end is prudent.  But TSSAA picked THE WRONG END.  Putting the mats where the most fans could sit would be smart. Duh.

The announcer was conspicuously silent all through the finals. In the past we would hear about returning state medalists and champions as they wrestled. This year that was done to some extent in the semis on Friday night but went quiet on Saturday. 

Wrestling is a great sport.  These kids deserve better.

• Upvote 1

Here would be my proposal for the layout. Put AAA and Girls on the far end away from video screen. Each mat toward the corners of those areas. This would maximize seating for AAA which is the largest contingent of fans. Put A/AA and D2 on the end near video screen towards the corners. Then rent a stage and get some small pyrotechnics for the introductions and some better music and enthusiasm in the announcing. Have awards occurs in the middle. I did like the awards at the end, I think it keeps coaches from turning in OW and MOT  ballots early.

All it takes is planning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, District12AA said:

Here would be my proposal for the layout. Put AAA and Girls on the far end away from video screen. Each mat toward the corners of those areas. This would maximize seating for AAA which is the largest contingent of fans. Put A/AA and D2 on the end near video screen towards the corners. Then rent a stage and get some small pyrotechnics for the introductions and some better music and enthusiasm in the announcing. Have awards occurs in the middle. I did like the awards at the end, I think it keeps coaches from turning in OW and MOT  ballots early.

All it takes is planning.

AMEN!!!!