Best Of The Best

Bump11

!BEST OF THE BEST!

I LOOK forward to Announcing this Inaugural .Momentous. Long Overdue -Wrestling Extravaganza!!

Attention Coaches - Feel Free to send me condensed accolades and info regarding  you and your athlete(s).

We want to celebrate the contributions these exceptional athletes make OUTSIDE the wrestling arena as well as on The Mat!!

See You There!

John Lennon

423 580 7436

lennon_j@hcde.org

Best of Luck .....to THE BEST of THE BEST!

I will be interested to see who attends.

I know several who were handing their envelopes to others during the awards ceremony. 

It is a great idea from a fan perspective... not sure about it from an athlete perspective.  If the organizers want it to ever become what they hope then they better buckle down for the long haul and not expect it to live up to expectations the first few years.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Need to do an allstar event during the season (who's number 1) as I believe there will be more athletes excited about the event.  Right after the season is hard and i know a handful of top kids in AAA and D2 that have said no way!  Great idea but expect low turnout on the top kids.

I believe there is a Healthy Wt allowance.

This is an opportunity to support an  event and create the Same Atmosphere that other sports enjoy .... Let's save critiques 'til after...

Let's BUILD  on our Fanbase  and energy from TSSAA's .....for the World's Oldest and Greatest Sport!!!

Edited by YOKO
grammar
  • Upvote 1

Invites were given to the State Champions during the medals at State tournament.. response from Coaches is very very favorable.. we are waiting to hear who excepts and then ask the alternates..  but I can tell you it’s looking very positive...there are 4 teams (red, orange, blue and green) each team will be mixed with AAA, AA/A, D2 and alternate from East, West and Middle. So teams will be mixed from Divisions and from different parts of the state. We have asked Coaches who won State and/or placed in the State Duals and Individuals to be Coaches and of coarse their wrestlers will be on there team. There will be 2 mats and this is a Quad format so everyone will wrestle each other eventually. There is no bumping and you have to wrestle the same weight class you did at State Individuals. We also expect some college coaches to attend this year.

Most if not not all the Coaches are aware. This event is good for wrestling and we at MTWOA have been talking about it for years and are ready to step up and get it off the ground. You have to start some time and we hope we have everyones support .. as years go by this event will get bigger and better. 

Thanks for for your support and concerns. If you have any questions feel free to post here, email or call me.

We hope to see you there!

John Gannon

MTWOA President 

5 hours ago, jgannonnvp said:

Invites were given to the State Champions during the medals at State tournament.. response from Coaches is very very favorable.. we are waiting to hear who excepts and then ask the alternates..  but I can tell you it’s looking very positive...there are 4 teams (red, orange, blue and green) each team will be mixed with AAA, AA/A, D2 and alternate from East, West and Middle. So teams will be mixed from Divisions and from different parts of the state. We have asked Coaches who won State and/or placed in the State Duals and Individuals to be Coaches and of coarse their wrestlers will be on there team. There will be 2 mats and this is a Quad format so everyone will wrestle each other eventually. There is no bumping and you have to wrestle the same weight class you did at State Individuals. We also expect some college coaches to attend this year.

Most if not not all the Coaches are aware. This event is good for wrestling and we at MTWOA have been talking about it for years and are ready to step up and get it off the ground. You have to start some time and we hope we have everyones support .. as years go by this event will get bigger and better. 

Thanks for for your support and concerns. If you have any questions feel free to post here, email or call me.

We hope to see you there!

John Gannon

MTWOA President 

What college coaches have committed to attending the event?

• Upvote 1