AAA and DII State Recap

speakthetruth

35 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Count the championships. Medals are cute but where’s region 6 state titles?,,,??? This talk has been goin on for years as to when the rest of the state is gonna catch Region 4, but yet nobody has brought home any hardware. Success brings hate, just ask Maryvilles football team. They recruit, got too much money, the refs are in their favor, etc. Once again the champs come from region 4. Now everybody has 358 days to take shots at Cleveland on how they cheat, and get everything handed to them. 

They may hate but Higher Calling has practice tonight.  I bet the Cleveland high school guys wont be out more then two weeks if that and then they will be back in the room.  That's why they win.  I'm not a Cleveland guy but i respect the hard work.  You get out what you put in.  

4 minutes ago, ChipW said:

They may hate but Higher Calling has practice tonight.  I bet the Cleveland high school guys wont be out more then two weeks if that and then they will be back in the room.  That's why they win.  I'm not a Cleveland guy but i respect the hard work.  You get out what you put in.  

U are right my man. They are already getting back after it and HVWC never took off

I hate that Region 4 was so top heavy this year with pretty much Cleveland and Bradley  with Walker Valley and Soddy way too far behind. Since the split in 1998 Franklin and Clarksville are the only schools outside this area to win a state title in duals and that is one a piece. Soddy themselves have 4.   Since 1988 removing private schools and even small school you still only add Overton in 1997. Yes Father Ryan has pretty much held the banner for the rest of the state, they have a ton of state titles which is nice for sure, but outside of private schools, this area hasnt and still looks like it will not be caught for a while if ever.  also since 1998 there were a few years the top 3 were from around Chattanooga. 2007-Soddy, Bradley , Ooltewah, 2008-Bradley, Ooltewah, Cleveland, 2009-Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy  That is why when they put Soddy back in region with both Cleveland and Bradley sometimes the third best team might not even be there, because there is NO other area or region that has ever placed top 3 like that before!

8 minutes ago, cobrakid8 said:

I hate that Region 4 was so top heavy this year with pretty much Cleveland and Bradley  with Walker Valley and Soddy way too far behind. Since the split in 1998 Franklin and Clarksville are the only schools outside this area to win a state title in duals and that is one a piece. Soddy themselves have 4.   Since 1988 removing private schools and even small school you still only add Overton in 1997. Yes Father Ryan has pretty much held the banner for the rest of the state, they have a ton of state titles which is nice for sure, but outside of private schools, this area hasnt and still looks like it will not be caught for a while if ever.  also since 1998 there were a few years the top 3 were from around Chattanooga. 2007-Soddy, Bradley , Ooltewah, 2008-Bradley, Ooltewah, Cleveland, 2009-Bradley, Cleveland, Soddy  That is why when they put Soddy back in region with both Cleveland and Bradley sometimes the third best team might not even be there, because there is NO other area or region that has ever placed top 3 like that before!

Don't get O started on Soddy lol. Very well said. Region 4 has been the most dominate. Even this year. No matter who brought home the most "medals". I also believe that other regions are catching up, but at the same time, when they do, they also lose their kids to either tranfers to privates or graduation. Where this region has kids just waiting and waiting to make their shine. From Pride to HC. That's what separates region 4 from others. 

Edited by DaBears1976

1 minute ago, DaBears1976 said:

I also believe that other regions are catching up, but at the same time, when they do, they also lose their kids to either tranfers to privates or graduation. 

I wonder where they might be transferring to?  :lol::lol:  I love your enthusiasm for Cleveland but then you gotta come out here and throw them under the transfer bus. 

1 minute ago, ObserverW said:

How could we forget to have a Region 4 discussion without mentioning Soddy who was 48th with no placers!  And by the way, once upon a time, The Cowboys won a Superbowl.  

still America's team OW and unlike your teams who would be the Lions, those that have never done a thing! Much rather be a has been than a never was!

1 minute ago, ObserverW said:

I wonder where they might be transferring to?  :lol::lol:  I love your enthusiasm for Cleveland but then you gotta come out here and throw them under the transfer bus. 

2 of maybe the best wrestlers in state, from Beech. Transferred. Where to? Like i said. Private. Wysong, SH, transferred, to Cleveland. Didn't wrestle and transferred to somewhereelse. Where to? Private. If Regions want to compete with region 4, they have to keep their kids at home. Continue to build their programs. As of Cleveland. I hate them, but gotta respect them and only root for them come state time. Me and Foose cannot get along most the time,  but come state, that's history. He dislikes black and gold color as bad as i can't stand that ugly blue. It's all about keeping the dominance here in this region.