Morristown East Hurricanes

EastTNGoogleGuy

10 hours ago, EASTFAN said:

I missed out on the meet and greed with Coach Slover last Thursday evening, because I was out of town on business. How many coaches did he keep from Wells Staff? What position will these coaches be coaching? The reason I am asking is because I heard East got whipped in their scrimmage against Knox Karns last week. The offensive & defensive lines got push around again, and East doesn't have any speed in the backfield. Unless Coach Slover address the offensive & Defensive line issues he will have no shot of running a spread offensive. To tell the truth, if East is lacking speed, He needs to try some other type of offensive. I really hope he has a plan for summer workouts and will adjust his offensive and defense to what personal he has. If he tries to run the spread offensive with East's lack of speed and no athlete, East will be lucky to win 2 games this fall. I knew whoever got this Job was in for a complete rebuild of the offensive and defensive lines. Coach Slover has got to find a way to get some of the speed on the track team out for football. I wish him luck, because getting whipped by Knox Karns is not a way to get those athletes out.

OK, let me explain this once again. 

I'm not an East guy.  I'm not a Morristown guy.  

I know Caleb from dealing with him when he was at schools where I was preparing to work a broadcast or covering his teams game for print and electronic media.  

I really don't know much at all about his new team.  I just know him.  Even at that, I don't get the opportunity to talk to him as much as I would like.  He's pretty busy with his new job about now, and I am busy with life, as well.  I hope to catch up to him soon.  

Perhaps you should read Matt Daniels' stuff or better yet find a way to get involved to help make the program better instead of bitching and whining about no results for a coach who has been there only for a couple of weeks, now.  There are lots of things that high school football programs need help with.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StateChampion87 said:

What’s he been there a week? Already complaining about something that you were not even at. If line is is as weak as you say don’t think you can fix that over night.Could it be the speed guys were in baseball or track? ME had probably top Fresh class in area. They may have to depend on Soph’s this season as they build. 

Way at too early to criticize the hire and give up next season.

I am not criticizing Coach Slover at all, if you read my post above. As you stated, he has only been on the job for one week. I am Criticizing Coach Wells and his staff on leaving it in the shape it is for Slover. That is why I brought up how many of Coach Wells staff did Slover keep and what positions will they be coaching? I am depending on Coach Slover to fix this mess, and I am concern some of these leftover coaches may not help him in getting it done.

8 hours ago, HTV said:

OK, let me explain this once again. 

I'm not an East guy.  I'm not a Morristown guy.  

I know Caleb from dealing with him when he was at schools where I was preparing to work a broadcast or covering his teams game for print and electronic media.  

I really don't know much at all about his new team.  I just know him.  Even at that, I don't get the opportunity to talk to him as much as I would like.  He's pretty busy with his new job about now, and I am busy with life, as well.  I hope to catch up to him soon.  

Perhaps you should read Matt Daniels' stuff or better yet find a way to get involved to help make the program better instead of bitching and whining about no results for a coach who has been there only for a couple of weeks, now.  There are lots of things that high school football programs need help with.  

I have been involved with East High School Football program for over 18 years. This includes being an officers in the Booster club and working to raise money for the program just about every year. I have work with the administration over the years and have put in time and my own money into helping the school, coaches, and players to be one of best High School in East Tennessee. If you feel I am whining or bitching too much, I must apologize for that, but you do not know what has been going on the last few years. The administration at East lost interest in having a winning program in football a few year back and Coach Wells probably took most of the blame for it. I am very high on East new Principal Ely as you are for Coach Slover. Like I have said before, Coach Slover is east new Head Football Coach and we all must support him in any way we can. I do understand what kind of rebuilding job coach Slover is having to undertake, along with the prospect of moving up to 6A in a few years. I just know that there is a lot of supporters wanting to get east back to being a good football program. Many are just not as passionate as I am.