AAA State Regional Breakdown

Bump11

2 hours ago, Hamblin said:

And calling guys who make the sacrifices "sissy coaches" won't help matters. At all.

Actually he already said he was in favor of 1 Division. The comment was meant towards those that hid behind the "it will help the sport to grow" delusion. I have much more respect for those that call it what it is - "it's easier for us to compete". At least be honest about it. However, the ones I respect the most are the ones that don't use excuses at all. That teach kids the parody between life and wrestling. You get out what you put in. So what if they have more students and more money? Life isn't fair. Not sure where the "life is supposed to be fair" thing comes from. It certainly isn't mentioned any where in the Bible. Overcome.

I do feel for wrestlingcoach125. You can't do it all yourself. It's too much and will burn you out. I admire his honesty and priorities. Coach (wrestlingcoach125) perhaps someday you can find an assistant that's willing to help without expecting anything financial (or very little) in return. I've often said the most important role of the head coach is to hire the right assistant/s.

Edited by Newestguy

5 hours ago, ghouse said:

Once again I am going to jump in here and offer you a little help.  The Wave Wrestling Club run out of CBHS is inside of 240 (or right on it).  We will happily coach kids from anywhere that have an interest in getting started with the sport or continuing their off-season development.  I can't even begin to name the number of schools that kids from that club have attended as youth or high school.

We have donations of shoes and headgear that kids can use to minimize cost and I can gladly say we have never turned away an individual from the club or an event because they didn't have funds.

You talk a lot about needing to find the balance between family and wrestling.  Let others in the community help shoulder the burden.  No coach has to do it all if folks band together and pool resources.   You want to stay involved?  Great, come out and help during those practices.

We really do appreciate it. I have enjoyed working with you all for advise and inclusion of camps and helping our first year wrestlers to get better. We just got a club (middle school) going this year and it seems to be going great. Thanks for all you guys do.

3 hours ago, Newestguy said:

Actually he already said he was in favor of 1 Division. The comment was meant towards those that hid behind the "it will help the sport to grow" delusion. I have much more respect for those that call it what it is - "it's easier for us to compete". At least be honest about it. However, the ones I respect the most are the ones that don't use excuses at all. That teach kids the parody between life and wrestling. You get out what you put in. So what if they have more students and more money? Life isn't fair. Not sure where the "life is supposed to be fair" thing comes from. It certainly isn't mentioned any where in the Bible. Overcome.

I do feel for wrestlingcoach125. You can't do it all yourself. It's too much and will burn you out. I admire his honesty and priorities. Coach (wrestlingcoach125) perhaps someday you can find an assistant that's willing to help without expecting anything financial (or very little) in return. I've often said the most important role of the head coach is to hire the right assistant/s.

I have found 2 for the future. All of these comments started with small schools traveling more distances for regions and someone commenting that big school should not have to travel as far. I am open and try to share my thoughts when appropriate. You are right life is not fair. Especially when a lot of my kids see this daily. I just wanted people to know some of the challenges people do not always see and need to know struggles go through when there is not any money in a program and without many students who can not pay dues or buy what they need to wrestle. They are getting better, but it is a struggle at times. Hopefully this gives hope to coaches that are struggling as well. 

On 2/19/2019 at 12:34 PM, CoachBray said:

I would realign the regions like this:

Region 1

Cocke Co. High School (Newport, TN)
Daniel Boone High School (Gray, TN)
David Crockett High School (Jonesborough, TN)
Dobyns Bennett High School (Kingsport, TN)
Jefferson Co. High School (Dandridge, TN)
Morristown-Hamblen High School East (Morristown, TN)
Morristown-Hamblen High School West (Morristown, TN)
Science Hill High School (Johnson City, TN)
Sevier Co. High School (Sevierville, TN)
Tennessee High School (Bristol, TN)

Volunteer High School (Church Hill, TN)

Region 2

Anderson Co. High School (Clinton, TN)
Clinton High School (Clinton, TN)
Karns High School (Knoxville, TN)
Knoxville Halls High School (Knoxville, TN)
Powell High School (Powell, TN)
Seymour High School (Seymour, TN)
South-Doyle High School (Knoxville, TN)
Bearden High School (Knoxville, TN)
Farragut High School (Knoxville, TN)
Hardin Valley Academy (Knoxville, TN)
Heritage High School (Maryville, TN)
Knoxville Catholic High School (Knoxville, TN)
Maryville High School (Maryville, TN)
Stone Memorial High School (Crossville, TN)

William Blount High School (Maryville, TN)

Region 3

Bradley Central High School (Cleveland, TN)
Cleveland High School (Cleveland, TN)
East Hamilton High School (Ooltewah, TN)
McMinn Co. High School (Athens, TN)
Ooltewah High School (Ooltewah, TN)
Rhea County High School (Evensville, TN)
Soddy-Daisy High School (Soddy-Daisy, TN)

Walker Valley High School (Cleveland, TN)

Region 4

Blackman High School (Murfreesboro, TN)
Coffee Co. Central High School (Manchester, TN)
Franklin Co. High School (Winchester, TN)
LaVergne High School (La Vergne, TN)
Oakland High School (Murfreesboro, TN)
Riverdale High School (Murfreesboro, TN)
Shelbyville Central High School (Shelbyville, TN)
Siegel High School (Murfreesboro, TN)
Smyrna High School (Smyrna, TN)
Stewarts Creek High School (Smyrna, TN)
Tullahoma High School (Tullahoma, TN)
Warren Co. High School (McMinnville, TN)

White Co. High School (Sparta, TN)

Region 5

Beech Senior High School (Hendersonville, TN)
Clarksville High School (Clarksville, TN)
Hendersonville High School (Hendersonville, TN)
Kenwood High School (Clarksville, TN)
Lebanon High School (Lebanon, TN)
Montgomery Central High School (Cunningham, TN)
Mt. Juliet High School (Mt. Juliet, TN)
Northeast High School (Clarksville, TN)
Northwest High School (Clarksville, TN)
Rossview High School (Clarksville, TN)
Springfield High School (Springfield, TN)
West Creek High School (Clarksville, TN)

Wilson Central High School (Lebanon, TN)

Region 6

Brentwood High School (Brentwood, TN)
Centennial High School (Franklin, TN)
Columbia Central High School (Columbia, TN)
Dickson Co. High School (Dickson, TN)
Franklin High School (Franklin, TN)
Independence High School (Thompson's Station, TN)
Lawrence Co. High School (Lawrenceburg, TN)
Page High School (Franklin, TN)
Ravenwood High School (Brentwood, TN)
Spring Hill High School (Columbia, TN)

Summit High School (Spring Hill, TN)

Region 7

Antioch High School (Antioch, TN)
Cane Ridge High School (Antioch, TN)
Cookeville High School (Cookeville, TN)
Glencliff High School (Nashville, TN)
Hillsboro High School (Nashville, TN)
Hillwood High School (Nashville, TN)
Hunters Lane High School (Nashville, TN)
John Overton High School (Nashville, TN)

McGavock High School (Nashville, TN)

Region 8

Arlington High School (Arlington, TN)
Bartlett High School (Bartlett, TN)
Bolton High School (Arlington, TN)
Brighton High School (Brighton, TN)
Collierville High School (Collierville, TN)
Cordova High School (Cordova, TN)
Germantown High School (Germantown, TN)
Houston High School (Germantown, TN)
Kingsbury High School (Memphis, TN)
Munford High School (Munford, TN)
Ridgeway High School (Memphis, TN)**
Southwind High School (Memphis, TN)
White Station High School (Memphis, TN)

Id like to see what regions could look like if we divided all 150 Division 1 teams evenly into 75 teams in AAA and 75 teams in A-AA. Every other sport got this type of distribution by the TSSAA last time they classified except wrestling. Our distribution was based on basketball numbers.

2 hours ago, cate said:

IId like to see what regions could look like if we divided all 150 Division 1 teams evenly into 75 teams in AAA and 75 teams in A-AA. Every other sport got this type of distribution by the TSSAA last time they classified except wrestling. Our distribution was based on basketball numbers.

IF this happens Beech will be small school division. 

Well since everyone else is giving their opinion, I'll throw mine out and see what sticks. . . 

Dual season....

*3 divisions divided equally

A- 50 smallest schools 

AAA- 50 largest schools

AA- 50 middlest schools (yes you read that right)

*All 3 divisions will have 8 regions

*Top 2 from each region goes to state duals

*A wrestler must report from your school for 8 of the 14 weight classes for your team to be eligible for state duals (ie you must wrestle at region- no forfeits or coinflips to decide region champs).

Individual Region/State...

*All 3 divisions combine (and if you're feeling snazzy- add D2) and make 8 sectionals. (Region 1A, Region 1AA, and Region 1AAA make Sectional 1. Region 2A, Region 2AA, and Region 2AAA make Sectional 2. Etc)

*Top 4 from each sectional goes to state.

*Teams may enter as many wrestlers as they want at sectionals, but will have to predetermine their point scorers.

*Teams will have a total of 14 point scorers, and may have multiple in a single weight class. (Ie if you have 2 studs in the same weight- they can both score points, your trade off is you will not have anyone scoring points in another weight class)

*The wrestlers you dignified as point scorers at sectionals, will be your point scorers at state.

*All 32 spots at state will be seeded by a committee. This committee will be made up of 2 coaches from each sectional.