Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Bump11

AAA State Regional Breakdown

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

wrong.

Ummmno, take my last sentence and say it is wrong, yet you do not add anything to it. Did you read the post? I have done both. If you have not worked in a small school without resources and space to practice then why are you disagreeing? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wrestlingcoach125 said:

Ummmno, take my last sentence and say it is wrong, yet you do not add anything to it. Did you read the post? I have done both. If you have not worked in a small school without resources and space to practice then why are you disagreeing? 

well, he could answer but its pretty easy, that no its not as hard or even close to as hard to place small school as it is AAA, ALSO you would be wrong on it adding schools for wrestling. Year before the split there were 161 schools that wrestled, i checked this year and show 146, so it was a net loss of 15 programs and thats not really good at all when you look at the amount of school growth the state has experienced, there are new schools popping up everywhere but yet we lost wrestling programs. So to me it doesnt show at all that a split helped the growth of participation by programs.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hamblin said:

Who dropped their program since the split?

No idea, you can pull up the programs from the last year before and after and compare. I just know there has been a loss of 15 programs that I counted, although I don’t care enough to count who all it was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, cchulk said:

Cobra,

where did you get the numbers?

combined all the teams that wrestled at each region, i figured it isnt all that hard to do and tired of people saying it has helped grow wrestling in state of TN when it shows it hasnt at all, all that it has done is watered down competition and allowed more to get medals. I mean i guess we could add the girls teams to it and come out with the sport has growed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be interested to see these numbers as well. I can think of 5 or 6 new programs big and small and even a couple privates but I can only think of 2 that dropped and they were both small. 

Edited by Hamblin
Correction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Hamblin said:

I would be interested to see these numbers as well. I can think of 5 or 6 new programs big and small and even a couple privates but I can only think of 2 that dropped and they were both small. 

suppose to be 2 new AAA district 11 teams for next year. Gallatin and Green Hill. So the sport is growing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cobrakid8 said:

combined all the teams that wrestled at each region, i figured it isnt all that hard to do and tired of people saying it has helped grow wrestling in state of TN when it shows it hasnt at all, all that it has done is watered down competition and allowed more to get medals. I mean i guess we could add the girls teams to it and come out with the sport has growed

We know how to add, but where are you getting the numbers? TSSAA website only shows after the split. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

suppose to be 2 new AAA district 11 teams for next year. Gallatin and Green Hill. So the sport is growing.

Yes, this past year Mitchell High School and BTW co-oped and Memphis Central added teams this year. One big school and one small school.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, werazzlin said:

suppose to be 2 new AAA district 11 teams for next year. Gallatin and Green Hill. So the sport is growing.

and that is great, however i just dont see growth coming because of the split itself.  I mean you can go by the numbers i pulled in regions from the last year before split and this year and see a decline, or you can go through track and pull up the teams under the TSSAA umbrella. I do show that this year region alignments show 175 teams with 56 in A/AA  92 in AAA and 27 in D2, but there are a few of those listed that have no wrestlers, so if you have no wrestlers do you have a team?  I mean you could also go into state results for the past 20 years and pull up how many teams were there(yes i know some might have had no state qualifiers but it should be easier for teams to qualify at least one wrestler to state tourney with 3 splits compared to 2 but that also shows a decline.  I am just not showing a rise in wrestling programs even with the growth in new schools in the state, the numbers just do not compute. Now those programs that dropped i have no idea, i am just counting the participating schools with actual wrestlers and adding those up without even caring about the school name, but if someone can prove different have at it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wrestlingcoach125 said:

We know how to add, but where are you getting the numbers? TSSAA website only shows after the split. 

pretty easy if you put in the work, go to past results and pull up the programs they give out, they have a copy in there, you can pull them up and count each region and the teams, after that you can look at the results themselves and see which teams did and did not have a wrestler just like you can in trackwrestling.  Or you can go to track and pull teams that way also, it isnt all that hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...