Collierville Head coach

OrangeTiger

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this can be a "GREAT JOB". Obviously it seems that the committee is taking their time to find the 
"GREAT" Hire. Which is fine to do. Collierville is in a tough Region. However, with those Facilities and New School.

No reason this can not be a top tier job in that Region. Best of luck to the Dragons. Beautiful Campus and area. 

intrestin.....hearin could b a smidgin of internal riffin over decision......hearin a couple good repeatin interviewers already been givin their tryoput tshirts and sent on their way.....guessin by Booger says chances r high he comes from within...not sure why tho

.....those new facilitys reminds Booger of that new buildout down in Alabaster Alabama......crazy money

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Collierville hires White Station's Joe Rocconi as football coach

Khari Thompson, Memphis Commercial AppealPublished 2:43 p.m. CT Feb. 25, 2019 | Updated 2:53 p.m. CT Feb. 25, 2019

Joe Rocconi

Joe Rocconi (Photo11: Ariel Cobbert, The Commercial Appeal)

Collierville has named Joe Rocconi as its football coach, hiring the 1995 Collierville graduate who spent the past six years coaching White Station.

White Station finished 3-8 last year. Collierville was 5-6. Both schools lost in the first round of the 6A playoffs. 

Previous coach Mike O'Neill resigned in December. 

"We are thrilled to welcome Joe back to Collierville as the next leader of our football program," system athletics director Jeff Curtis said in a statement. "He is a former defensive standout at Memphis that is known for his offensive acumen and student-athlete development on and off the field."

4 hours ago, kwc said:

I'm not a Joe Rocconi fan in any shape or form. I think this is a terrible hire. Now, who will White Station hire? That's the question.

This is the hire the Dragons make? 

Last 5 seasons 

2018: (3-8)

2017: (5-8) 

2016: (7-5)

2015: (9-4) 

2014 (4-7)

I know the New Coach is a Graduate of Collierville. I am sure this will help generate some excitement. However, the wins have fallen over time. White Stafion is known for athletes. Plus always going to the playoffs because of only 4 teams in the region. I know Collierville has some athletes as well. But, I would think White Station has more. Not stating if the coach is bad or good. Just strictly looking at Wins and Losses. Hope nothing but the best to the Dragons going forward.