How do a 4th place team get POY & COY?

Tez2319

17 hours ago, Bobcats83 said:

Ridiculous that Miller of SS didn’t win POY in 14AA.  Makes no sense.  She was best player by far.  Not even close 

Picked by coaches so I’m really confused how this injustice happened 

My honest opinion and answer to your post is because nobody likes SS, nobody likes McNeal, nobody likes their style, nobody likes that they are successful and as bad as I hate to say it some folks mindset is still stuck back in the 50s. I pay very close attention to my surroundings

12 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

My honest opinion and answer to your post is because nobody likes SS, nobody likes McNeal, nobody likes their style, nobody likes that they are successful and as bad as I hate to say it some folks mindset is still stuck back in the 50s. I pay very close attention to my surroundings

So true!! Brent took a 2-16 program he inherited into a 20 plus win team in just a few years! People need to respect this dude! He is a great family man, a real coach, and more importantly a great role model! He is a community man & very active in so many kids lives! So don’t ever talk bad about my coach! It’s so much bigger than basketball!  We are family at South Side!! 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2019 at 4:11 PM, Bobcats83 said:

I don’t know why Miller didn’t win.  Surely the other 7 coaches didn’t not vote for her because of her style and attitude.  And surely Coach McNeil nominated her for POY.  Surely 

The only way she didn't win is because the coaches didnt vote for her. I've talked to their coaches including Fuller the boys coach and she was nominated. Also heard from another coach in the district that she was nominated.

23 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

The only way she didn't win is because the coaches didnt vote for her. I've talked to their coaches including Fuller the boys coach and she was nominated. Also heard from another coach in the district that she was nominated.

Then it makes no sense at all.  Makes all 7 of them look ridiculous 

9 hours ago, biggz1517 said:

I’ll say it since everyone else is afraid to.... one word kept Miller from getting the award... "RACISM" at its finest! Unfortunately, it's the word we live in... 

A little bit of that is probably part of it being the only relevant blacks in 14AA which consists of probably the oldest set of coaches still in the profession. Plus, a lil jealousy, envy and hate. I was informed in years prior to SS starting to be successful, the MVP always came from the 1st place team. Not sure how true that is. But anyway, looks like Miller has hushed the haters. 40 vs McNairy in the semis, 31 vs Lexington in the championship and another district title under her belt. Just read on Facebook shes now the all time leader scorer and steals leader at SS. She is a dynamic lil player

44 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

A little bit of that is probably part of it being the only relevant blacks in 14AA which consists of probably the oldest set of coaches still in the profession. Plus, a lil jealousy, envy and hate. I was informed in years prior to SS starting to be successful, the MVP always came from the 1st place team. Not sure how true that is. But anyway, looks like Miller has hushed the haters. 40 vs McNairy in the semis, 31 vs Lexington in the championship and another district title under her belt. Just read on Facebook shes now the all time leader scorer and steals leader at SS. She is a dynamic lil player

Not getting That little cheap trophy has only awakened a sleeping giant!(if she wasn’t woke already! That is correct all time scoring leader(2069) at South Side, all time steals leader(464)! Most points scored in 1 season 674! Most impressive overall high school record 96-18 in 4 years!! Hopefully that turns into 101-18 meaning she will get that gold ball!! Thanks 14AA for robbing this poor girl! You have woke a sleeping giant!!