District 13AA and 14AA

LetMeHearYA

We are just a few weeks away from the start of the season. We had a nice little thread going last year, so we will try it again this year. Let's get some one-season predictions.

I'll start with 13AA and this district is the least I know about, so some may be able to fill me in or correct me. But I'll give it a shot

1. South Gibson- Won regular season and district tournament. I know they lost a few key players but I believe they return some good players as well.

2. Westview- Made the region tournament and I believe they return most of their team. Finished 4th in the regular season, so I predict them and Milan battling for 2nd.

3. Milan- I believe they were a young team last year. A year of experience and improving this year, should help the battle for the 2 seed. 

4. Crockett Co- Finshed 2nd in the Regular season but I think they lost a couple of guys especially at pitcher but I could be wrong on that.

5. Dyereburg- Coaching change and a few bad years. Usually a strong team, so it will be interesting to follow what happens under the new coach.

6. Obion Co- Not a good year last year and I dont know much about them.

Now 14AA. Last year, Riverside went on to be AA State Runner-ups and McNairy blew a lead late against Covington in the Sub-State game. All teams lost some good players due to graduation. Like going into last season, I think this district is wide open again with a handful of teams able to win it or finish in the top 2 of the district tournament.

1. Scotts Hill- They lost some really good players. They are going to have to replace hitting and pitching. But, they have a number of good players returning and they probably will have the Top pitcher in the district returning this year.

2. McNairy- Defending District Tournament Champions. Going into last season, McNairy strength was going to be the pitching they brought back but having to replace all but 1 player in the lineup. Coming into this season, it's the exact opposite.They lost all of their pitching from last season. Only return about 10 innings of varsity pitching. But, they return almost their whole lineup from last year. They have some guys with potential to pitch, if they can get them going and the lineup builds off of last year, they should be able to contend in the top of the district.

3. Lexington- They lost a couple of players but especially a their big bat in their lineup. Overall, I believe they return a majority of their team which will help them be contenders and why I am putting them in the top 3. 

4. Riverside- The State Runner-Ups were hit hard by graduation. While they do have some players coming back, they have a big hole to fill in losing their big 3. The three carried their pitching staff and they were also their top hitters. But, Riverside is always a threat and play fundamental baseball and that's why they are still a threat in this district.

5. Northside- I expected a better season out of Northside last year and predicted a better finish that what they did. I'll give them another chance this year as I believe they return most of their team. They got some talent on the team but they have to become consistent. They may surprise some of the teams above them this year.

6. Southside- They lost a few of their top players from last year off a team that wasn't very deep. If what I have been told is true, they lost their No.1 to Tommy John in the off season which will be a big blow to them. They got some good players but don't believe they are deep enough to make a run.

7. Chester Co- The defending Regular Season Champions. I predicted last year that they would be rebuilding in Henderson after they were hit hard by graduation. Well, they went on to win the District in the regular season. This year, they were hit hard again by graduation. The difference, they still had a group of really good players to build around last year and I believe they lack that this year. They may prove me wrong again this year, but I dont think it will be a very good year in Henderson.

8. Adamsville- They were overall a young team last year but they lost some of their best players. Specifically, their No.1 pitcher who was probably the best in the district and gave them a chance to win each time he was on the mound. I didn't see them being very competitive this year to begin with. Now throw in the fact they have lost their head coach, it makes it tougher. 

Edited by LetMeHearYA

• 2 weeks later...

Y'all do me a favor please! I've got a couple dudes on the west side of state I really like but NEED more contacts. Reach out about the good guys. Especially 2019 & solid 2020's right now 

Heisman Austin at Scotts Hill is coming to Roane State for me next year. I want more contacts. If yall got dudes who you believe are just right on the cusp of being D1 guys or are tough junkyard dog type players let me know.

(615)6133367

Also I got 3 guys Will Parrish, Rick Conroy, Wesley Bomar.....All over at Henry County which I know is just barely out of that Middle Tennessee Zone but let me know what you got on 'em. I feel like they all could be Roane State Raiders next year and come open themselves to big opportunities after. I want 'em but need them to want to make that drive across the state for 2 years to be successful and make big time stories for 'em. 

• 2 weeks later...

Opening day is here!!! And with Opening Day we jump right into district play in 14-AA. Here is the district schedule for Week 1.

Series of the Week

Lexington vs McNairy

Right out of the gate and this series could play a major role in the standings at the end of the year. 

Rest of the series

Scotts Hill vs Adamsville

Riverside vs Southside

Chester Co vs Northside

Standings after week 1:

1. Lexington 2-0

1. Northside 2-0

1. Riverside 2-0

1. Scotts Hill 2-0

5. Adamsville 0-2

5. Chester Co. 0-2

5. McNairy 0-2

5. Southside 0-2

Week 2 Schedule

Key Series:

Riverside (2-0) vs Scotts Hill (2-0)

The two rivals battle it out this week in a series that could put either one in great position to win the district with a sweep. 

Other games:

Lexington (2-0) vs Southside (0-2)

Northside (2-0) vs McNairy (0-2)

Adamsville (0-2) vs Chester Co (0-2)

On March 17, 2019 at 3:56 PM, LetMeHearYA said:

Standings after week 1:

1. Lexington 2-0

1. Northside 2-0

1. Riverside 2-0

1. Scotts Hill 2-0

5. Adamsville 0-2

5. Chester Co. 0-2

5. McNairy 0-2

5. Southside 0-2

Week 2 Schedule

Key Series:

Riverside (2-0) vs Scotts Hill (2-0)

The two rivals battle it out this week in a series that could put either one in great position to win the district with a sweep. 

Other games:

Lexington (2-0) vs Southside (0-2)

Northside (2-0) vs McNairy (0-2)

Adamsville (0-2) vs Chester Co (0-2)

Ik rhs and the hill split. What about the other series

Riverside and Scotts Hill split 6-1, 3-10

Southside and Lexington split 8-4, 5-7

Northside and McNairy split 7-4 (8), 0-9

Chester sweeps Adamsville 7-6, 18-9

Standing over week 2

1. Lexington 3-1

1. Northside 3-1

1. Riverside 3-1

1. Scotts Hill 3-1

5. Chester Co. 2-2

6. McNairy 1-3

6. Southside 1-3

8. Adamsville 0-4

You are correct, pitching was hit hard in the district by graduation. It's going to be a free for all on how it shakes out and it will make for an interesting district tournament. If anyone develop some consistency in their staff, it will put them a leg up on everyone. By the boxscores I've seen throughout the district, a lot of walks are being give up.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

1 hour ago, tradertwo said:

Scotts Hill's rotation should improve barring injury... just about to get one back healthy that would have helped against Riverside, but need one or two more to step up.

Would that be Maness? I noticed he hasn't been throwing district games and I figured he would be the #1.