District 13AA and 14AA

LetMeHearYA

District Schedule for this week:

Series of the Week

Riverside (6-2) vs Northside (5-3)

It's a tie between 3-teams in 1st place and Northside sitting in 4th 1-game behind. This series is the only one that has two above .500 teams playing against each other. Riverside is playing to stay in front and Northside could throw themselves into the race for 1st with a sweep.

Rest of the games:

Scotts Hill (6-2) vs Chester (2-6)

Lexington (6-2) vs Adamsville (0-8)

McNairy (4-4) vs Southside (3-5)

Northside come through with two big 1- run wins tonight against Riverside 8-7, 6-5 . It sounded like two exciting games as Riverside left the tying run at 3rd with 1 out in one game and the tying run was throwed out at the plate in the other game.

It was very close to being a chaos of a day in the district as well.

Scotts Hill won their 1st game over Chester 8-5 with Chester threatening in the 7th and no outs. But in game 2, Chester took a 6-2 lead into the 5th only to give it up and lose 7-6.

Not only did Scotts Hill survive a scare, but Lexington managed to avoid the upset by Adamsville tonight. Trailing 6-4 going into the 7th, Lexington scored 5 in the inning to come back and win 9-7.

McNairy defeated Southside 8-1. 

Week 6 Schedule 

Series of the Week 

Scotts Hill (8-2) vs McNairy (5-5)

Scotts Hill playing to stay atop of the district and setup a major showdown with Northside next week. McNairy has 4 district losses where they had a multiple run lead or had a chance to win in the bottom of the 7th.

Rest of the Series:

Riverside (6-4) vs Adamsville (0-10)

Northside (7-3) vs Southside (4-6)

Lexington (8-2) vs Chester Co. (2-8)

Southside over Northside in game one.

Riverside over Adamsville in game one.

Scotts Hill over McNairy in both.

Chester County over Lexington game one, Lexington wins game two.

Couple of "upsets" on paper, but the only one that surprises me at all is CC over Lexington on Monday, but not a shocker. The district seedings are important, but any one of these teams can beat the other on a good night... going to be a dogfight in the tournament!

16 hours ago, Bigpun54 said:

So how does everything stand now 

1 Scotts Hill 10-2

2 Lexington 9-3

3 Riverside 8-4

3 Northside 8-4

5 Southside 5-7

5 McNairy 5-7

7 Chester Co. 3-9

8 Adamsville 0-12

( district results only)

Scotts Hill vs. Northside and Lexington vs. Riverside series will determine final seedings for the tournament... if Scotts Hill win's one or both from NS, they clinch at least a tie for top seed with 11 or 12 wins...if they drop both and Lexington win's two from Riverside, Lexington will be #1 with 11, causing a three way tie for #2 seed. Northside controls where they finish by playing SH, if they win both, they even their record at 10 and either finish with a share of the #1 or #2 seed. Riverside can't win the district outright, but could finish with 10 wins and a share of the top spot if NS can take two from SH, resulting in a three way tie. No other team has a shot at more than 7 wins, not enough to break into the top four.

Home field is nice, but nobody has an easy road out of district this year IMO. Adamsville has the worst record, but they are capable of knocking a top seed out, and everyone else won't even be much of an underdog on the road.

• Like 1

District Schedule for the Week

Final week of the district schedule and the only seed that is nailed down is Adamsville in the 8th. We know who the top 4 seeds will be but we do not know the order. And to help out that order, the top 4 four teams all face off against each other this week.

Series of the Week

Scotts Hill (10-2) vs Northside (8-4)

Scotts Hill will clinch the District Regular Season with a win in either game. Northside can win the District with a sweep and Riverside sweeping Lexington. They would finish 2nd behind Lexington with a sweep and Lexington winning 1 game against Riverside.

Other series:

Lexington (9-3) vs Riverside (8-4)

The only way Lexington can win the district is by Northside sweeping Scotts Hill and Lexington winning at least one game. Riverside can not win the district but they can finish 2nd with a sweep of Lexington and Northside losing a game.

McNairy (5-7) vs Chester Co (3-9)

McNairy can finish 5th with a sweep of Chester Co. Chester Co can finish 6th with a sweep of McNairy, otherwise they finish 7th.

Southside (5-7) vs Adamsville (0-12)

Southside can finish 5th as long as they don't tie with just McNairy or if they finish in a 3-way tie at 5-9 with McNairy and Chester. Otherwise, they are 6th. Adamsville will be the 8th seed.

12 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

District Schedule for the Week

Final week of the district schedule and the only seed that is nailed down is Adamsville in the 8th. We know who the top 4 seeds will be but we do not know the order. And to help out that order, the top 4 four teams all face off against each other this week.

Series of the Week

Scotts Hill (10-2) vs Northside (8-4)

Scotts Hill will clinch the District Regular Season with a win in either game. Northside can win the District with a sweep and Riverside sweeping Lexington. They would finish 2nd behind Lexington with a sweep and Lexington winning 1 game against Riverside.

Other series:

Lexington (9-3) vs Riverside (8-4)

The only way Lexington can win the district is by Northside sweeping Scotts Hill and Lexington winning at least one game. Riverside can not win the district but they can finish 2nd with a sweep of Lexington and Northside losing a game.

McNairy (5-7) vs Chester Co (3-9)

McNairy can finish 5th with a sweep of Chester Co. Chester Co can finish 6th with a sweep of McNairy, otherwise they finish 7th.

Southside (5-7) vs Adamsville (0-12)

Southside can finish 5th as long as they don't tie with just McNairy or if they finish in a 3-way tie at 5-9 with McNairy and Chester. Otherwise, they are 6th. Adamsville will be the 8th seed.

Thanks for spelling it out clearer than I did... I almost confused myself while trying to articulate all the possibilities and their consequences! 

Do you see any probable matchup situations that would favor a bottom seeded team to knock out one of the top? Despite the records, I think that almost every game could be an "upset" potentially, unless everyone is hitting on all cylinders.