District 13AA and 14AA

LetMeHearYA

Scotts Hill def Northside 13-3

Lexington def Riverside 6-2

McNairy def Chester 2-1

Adamsville def Southside 4-3

Below are where we stand for district seeding which just Northside and Riverside fighting for the 3 seed

1. Scotts Hill

2. Lexington

Northside gets 3 seed with a win or Riverside loss

3. Northside/Riverside

4. Northside/Riverside

5. McNairy

6. Southside

7. Chester Co

8. Adamsville

7 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Thanks for spelling it out clearer than I did... I almost confused myself while trying to articulate all the possibilities and their consequences! 

Do you see any probable matchup situations that would favor a bottom seeded team to knock out one of the top? Despite the records, I think that almost every game could be an "upset" potentially, unless everyone is hitting on all cylinders.

I would say the only game I would call an upset in the 1st round would be Adamsville beating Scotts Hill. 

Lexington would get Chester and Huntt will be going for Chester that game. He has kept them in every game and he has had the lead in a couple games but had to come out because of pitch count and the bullpen blew the game. So, I wouldn't be surprised if Chester was able to win in the 1st round.

I would say the two games involving 3-6 seeds involving Northside, Riverside, McNairy, and Southside will be toss ups and would not be surprised at any of those teams winning in the 1st round.

I believe the tournament will be wide open and a number of teams can win it. Scotts Hill has the momentum going in and are the favorite. But, they got some injuries and Maness may or may not be able to go on the mound. So, its important not for just them but for everyone to stay in the winner's bracket as long as possible because no one has a very deep pitching staff. Some only have two and others may have three pitchers, once they get past them, it's a free for all.

12 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I'm a hoops guy and follow these districts closely in basketball. But... It is baseball season so...

Will Westview and South Gibson go to Region? Does Milan or Obion have a chance?

Will Scott's Hill and Lexington come out of District 14? What about Riverside?

I dont know too much on 13AA but I would say Westview and South Gibson are the favorites and I would say Milan would be the other team to pick if someone outside of those 2 didn't make it. I know those two have had good overall seasons.

In 14AA, Scotts Hill and Lexington finished at the top and both have been playing well lately. But, I think any of the top 5 seeds can finish in the top 2. 

22 minutes ago, LetMeHearYA said:

I dont know too much on 13AA but I would say Westview and South Gibson are the favorites and I would say Milan would be the other team to pick if someone outside of those 2 didn't make it. I know those two have had good overall seasons.

In 14AA, Scotts Hill and Lexington finished at the top and both have been playing well lately. But, I think any of the top 5 seeds can finish in the top 2. 

I'll go a little further... I don't believe that Chester Co, Adamsville, and maybe Southside can advance to the regional championship game, but either could hand one of the "favorites" a loss. Exempting those three, any of the others could get hot and win the region.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:13 AM, tradertwo said:

I'll go a little further... I don't believe that Chester Co, Adamsville, and maybe Southside can advance to the regional championship game, but either could hand one of the "favorites" a loss. Exempting those three, any of the others could get hot and win the region.

It's basically the same as last year with the exception of North Side (7 seed last year, 3 seed this year) replacing Chester County (1 seed last year, 7th seed this year).

On 4/26/2019 at 11:44 PM, LetMeHearYA said:

So do you think whoever win 14AA will go to the state tournament? Is there anybody in Region 8 who can compete with any of the top teams in region 7 or will it be a Region 7 sweep at sub-state?

4 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

So do you think whoever win 14AA will go to the state tournament? Is there anybody in Region 8 who can compete with any of the top teams in region 7 or will it be a Region 7 sweep at sub-state?

Covington will probably be favored over whomever they would face from region 7, with Ripley and Haywood Co. maybe a slight underdog, depending on who that is. After those three, region 8 falls off some compared to reg. 7 as a whole. That's just my opinion, and to go along with it, I'd be surprised if it plays out according to the "chalk", with Scotts Hill (R-7) hosting Ripley (R-8), and Covington (R-8) hosting Lexington (R-7) in sub state. Could very easily be a sweep for either region.

Edited by tradertwo

13 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

No, I think Covington is favored to win their game and one of the favorites to win State. They were the favorite last year as well but I'm not sure what happened to them down the stretch. McNairy led them for most of the Substate game and they ended up winning it 4-3 but then followed it up with an 0-2 or 1-2 appearance at State. They got alot back from that team including the 3 D1 guys. So, I'm riding with them being favored.

In Region 7, I believe the two 13AA teams could be favored over 14AA this year. Depends on who it is and the match ups but I could see South Gibson and Westview and favorites over the teams from 14AA.  But, I wouldn't consider them huge favorites and the Region 7 will be as wide open as 14AA district will be. The winner of Region 7 will be favored over the Region 8 runner-up.