District 13AA and 14AA

LetMeHearYA

10 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

No, I think Covington is favored to win their game and one of the favorites to win State. They were the favorite last year as well but I'm not sure what happened to them down the stretch. McNairy led them for most of the Substate game and they ended up winning it 4-3 but then followed it up with an 0-2 or 1-2 appearance at State. They got alot back from that team including the 3 D1 guys. So, I'm riding with them being favored.

In Region 7, I believe the two 13AA teams could be favored over 14AA this year. Depends on who it is and the match ups but I could see South Gibson and Westview and favorites over the teams from 14AA.  But, I wouldn't consider them huge favorites and the Region 7 will be as wide open as 14AA district will be. The winner of Region 7 will be favored over the Region 8 runner-up.

I agree.

#7 Chester Co over #2 Lexington 8-1

#3 Northside over #6 Southside 7-6 (9 inn)

#5 McNairy over #4 Riverside 4-0

#1 Scotts Hill over #8 Adamsville 9-3

Friday Games

At Scotts Hill

#4 Riverside (0-1) vs #8 Adamsville (0-1)

#1 Scotts Hill (1-0) vs #5 McNairy (1-0)

At Lexington

#2 Lexington (0-1) vs #6 Southside (0-1)

#3 Northside (1-0) vs #7 Chester Co (1-0)

Edited by LetMeHearYA

4 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Friday Games

At Scotts Hill

At Lexington

Anything can happen in May! I do believe we are all shocked by the upset that Chester County poured onto Lexington. 2-1 is an upset, but this was an 8-1 score. If I’m North Side, this is a golden opportunity to take advantage of what’s in front of you. I don’t know what Chester County has remaining in left of pitchers. However, if North Side wins tomorrow, then they have the opportunity to redeem themselves with a off day on Saturday if they win tomorrow.

9 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Friday Games

At Scotts Hill

At Lexington

Chester County just put a beat down on Lexington. What in the world happened?

41 minutes ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Chester County just put a beat down on Lexington. What in the world happened?

What I've been saying all through this thread... top to bottom this district is tough, and that on a given night one of the "bottom" teams can put one of the "top" teams in the losers bracket. Lexington is good enough to survive through this setback, but also could lose next game if not careful. Riverside also went down to McNairy, but that game (in my mind) was almost a toss up.

30 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

What I've been saying all through this thread... top to bottom this district is tough, and that on a given night one of the "bottom" teams can put one of the "top" teams in the losers bracket. Lexington is good enough to survive through this setback, but also could lose next game if not careful. Riverside also went down to McNairy, but that game (in my mind) was almost a toss up.

For sure and I agree. Just when a 7 seed knocks off a 2 by 7 runs you gotta think something happened. I wonder how many of those runs were earned. Maybe all.

3 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

For sure and I agree. Just when a 7 seed knocks off a 2 by 7 runs you gotta think something happened. I wonder how many of those runs were earned. Maybe all.

It's like I posted going into the tournament, with Huntt on the mound, they got a chance to win any game they are playing in the tournament. He had a no hitter going into the 6th and his pitch count was in a good spot. I didn't see the game, but Top of 6th, it was 2-0 and Lexington starter pitch count was up there and Chester scored 6. They put some hits together with a walk and error mixed in. 

I also noticed this was Chester 4th win in a row after only winning 6 all year before this run. Best time of year to start playing your best ball. Be interesting to see them and Northside tonight.

4 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Yes sir, any night anyone could win. It's probably the homer in me, but I believe overall, McNairy is top 2 team in district with Scotts Hill. They blew quite a few district games this year. They have played in stretches. They play either really bad or really good. No in between. They are on one of those good stretches right now but that can change at any moment. But, if everyone is playing their best ball, I believe McNairy and Scotts Hill are the best two teams in the district. But, no matter how much talent you have, if you do not play at a consistent level, you can end up in the middle of the pack quickly and take some beatings.

2 hours ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Yes sir, any night anyone could win. It's probably the homer in me, but I believe overall, McNairy is top 2 team in district with Scotts Hill. They blew quite a few district games this year. They have played in stretches. They play either really bad or really good. No in between. They are on one of those good stretches right now but that can change at any moment. But, if everyone is playing their best ball, I believe McNairy and Scotts Hill are the best two teams in the district. But, no matter how much talent you have, if you do not play at a consistent level, you can end up in the middle of the pack quickly and take some beatings.

Don't know if I've stated that on here, or at the field to my buddies, but McNairy is the team that's nagged at me all year that maybe we wouldn't want to have to beat them to advance. I'll have to agree with you that, top to bottom and in every aspect, McNairy is AT LEAST top three, and very well may win the tournament.

50 minutes ago, Bigpun54 said:

So what now? Ik riverside won and mcnairy. What about other side 

Winners Bracket 

#5 Mcnairy over #1 Scotts Hill 7-6 (8 inn)

#7 Chester Co over #3 Northside 2-1

Losers Bracket

#2 Lexington over #6 Southside 7-2

#4 Riverside over #8 Adamsville 12-0

Saturday 

Loser Bracket

#1 Scotts Hill (1-1) vs #2 Lexington (1-1)

#3 Northside (1-1) vs #4 Riverside (1-1)

Monday 

Losers Bracket

Scotts Hill/Lexington vs Northside/Riverside

Winners Bracket

#5 Mcnairy (2-0) vs #7 Chester Co (2-0)

Edited by LetMeHearYA

I'm not shocked that Chester upset Northside but I am a little surprised they won 2-1. I thought if they were going to win, it would be in a shootout. 

McNairy and Scotts Hill was a back and forth extra inning slugfest. I know each team would like to have some plays back but it was an entertaining game with lots of opportunities for each team to take control of the game.