District 13AA and 14AA

LetMeHearYA

2 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Crazy. The 5 and 7 seeds moving on to region. 13AA will sweep the region.

It could happen, but I wouldn't bet more than a coke on it. When we won state in '16, we finished fourth in district play, second in region, then went on to beat (among others) the #1 ranked (for most of the season) team twice, and then the defending champs in the title game. McNairy and Chester Co. are playing great baseball right now, and that's what matters. McNairy (IMO) is the better team overall, but whomever faces Huntt will definitely have their work cut out to advance.

3 hours ago, WestTNHoopsFan said:

Crazy. The 5 and 7 seeds moving on to region. 13AA will sweep the region.

It is very possible that could happen. But you also got to look at Dyersburg finished 5th and out 6 teams and they will get the winner of this district in the region. Not saying that is an easy win for either McNairy or Chester because Dyersburg has started playing good ball last couple of weeks. McNairy was as good as any of the 4 teams that finished ahead of them and they split or played evenly games with all them in the regular season. They have not been consistent and underperformed for most of the year. Finally started putting it together the last couple weeks. The last 2 teams that were eliminated from the tournament and Chester Co were all put in the Losers Bracket by McNairy. So they have went through the meat of teams in the tournament.

Now, Chester Co, I have said as long as Huntt is on the mound, they have a chance to win. They have surprised me in the games he hasn't pitched in the tournament. But, if you look at there games thr past few weeks, they have started hitting the ball and scoring runs. This time of year, especially in Baseball, it's about playing the best ball and who is putting good at bats together as a team.

1 hour ago, LetMeHearYA said:

Covington over McNairy 3-0. Great game, it was a battle. Covington added 2 runs in bottom 6th to seal the deal. 

Haywood over Chester 10-4

Looks like Chester County's hot streak ended at a bad time, but congrats' to them on a stellar season. Tough luck for McNairy... I would've figured they beat CC to host Haywood, and win that one to advance to state... shows what I know, and contradicts what I've said for at least half the season about our district being wide open, but I'd have thought that whomever outlasted the rest from 14AA would most likely join Covington at state. Best of luck to the Chargers and Tomcats. 

17 hours ago, tradertwo said:

Looks like Chester County's hot streak ended at a bad time, but congrats' to them on a stellar season. Tough luck for McNairy... I would've figured they beat CC to host Haywood, and win that one to advance to state... shows what I know, and contradicts what I've said for at least half the season about our district being wide open, but I'd have thought that whomever outlasted the rest from 14AA would most likely join Covington at state. Best of luck to the Chargers and Tomcats. 

No, you were spot on in your thinking. A majority thought that. It just didn't play out that way. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2019 at 10:46 PM, tradertwo said:

Trader,

I heard the Scotts Hill coach took another job. Is that true? If so, you heard anything on who the new coach will be?