Region 7 AA Tournament...who ya got?

RealisticFan45

29 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Chester Co at Westview = no comment!

McNairy Co at Crockett Co = Going on a limb just to make it a good convo and picking McNairy

Dyersburg at Lexington = i like K.K. Howard

Obion Co at South Side = running clock

Ill go..

Westview over Chester

Crockett over McNairy - I do think McNairy is certainly capable of winning though

Dyersburg over Lexington

South Side over Obion

Westview over Dyersburg

South Side over Crockett

Westview and South Side in the championship

I went to the Westview and Chester County game tonight in Martin. Good game. Westview didn't pressure their guards, until late in the 4th, and Chester County had a good game plan. They slowed it down and played a very good half court offense. Westview missed several shots and snuck it out in OT. On a side note, that was probably one of the most physical "playoff" games I've seen in a few years. I'm not sure what association that referee group was from, but they let them play. Should be a great semi-final round. If you're going to UTM tomorrow to watch the 7A tourney....hit the Grind up. I think I've found a new favorite spot to pre-game feast. 

On 2/19/2019 at 1:22 PM, Greenfieldfan said:

Westview/Lexington

Crockett/Southside

Southside over Westview in finals. 

I wouldn't be surprised at that outcome, if they both make it...and that's no gurantee with these semi final matchups.....if they both get there, it'll depend on how SS handles WV's tourney defense. These 2 teams definitely don't like each other and it's fun to watch them go at it. 

14 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I went to the Westview and Chester County game tonight in Martin. Good game. Westview didn't pressure their guards, until late in the 4th, and Chester County had a good game plan. They slowed it down and played a very good half court offense. Westview missed several shots and snuck it out in OT. On a side note, that was probably one of the most physical "playoff" games I've seen in a few years. I'm not sure what association that referee group was from, but they let them play. Should be a great semi-final round. If you're going to UTM tomorrow to watch the 7A tourney....hit the Grind up. I think I've found a new favorite spot to pre-game feast. 

It was the complete opposite over in Alamo... I know those officials called atleast 10 phantom calls between the 2 teams. 

Just now, GCPioneer said:

It was the complete opposite over in Alamo... I know those officials called atleast 10 phantom calls between the 2 teams. 

Late in the 4th with like 2 minutes to go....WV had 4 fouls and Chester County had 2. This group may  have been from Memphis. They're were at least 3 NBA walks by Chester County in the 4th and in OT. That place was about to erupt. Usually, the Martin people are pretty quiet at the games unlike ours but they were loud tonight. I think they're just so used to being where they're at, they just don't get that excited but tonight was a good vocal crowd and it was loud in that gym late.