Region 7 AA Tournament...who ya got?

RealisticFan45

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

If the refs call the semis and finals the same way they called the CC and Westview game, I give the advantage to SS to win it all.  They will be just too athletic and physical to handle!

So far I have been very very very impressed with the refs from Memphis! In a boys & girls quarterfinals I have only seen 2 or 3 missed calls! If we stay out of foul trouble, and we can be aggressive on defense like these previous refs.... both our boys & girls can win 14AA State!! 

On 2/19/2019 at 1:37 PM, GCPioneer said:

Ill go..

Westview over Chester

Crockett over McNairy - I do think McNairy is certainly capable of winning though

Dyersburg over Lexington

South Side over Obion

Westview over Dyersburg

South Side over Crockett

Westview and South Side in the championship

Lexington is extremely well coached, but I’m not sure I see them winning tomorrow against Westview. Westview has some really good players and good coaching.

South Side and Crockett could go two different ways... if Crockett plays like they did against McNairy, Crockett loses by 15. If they play like they did in the district championship against Westview, it’ll be a heck of a ballgame!

Edited by GCPioneer

9 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

Lexington is extremely well coached, but I’m not sure I see them winning tomorrow against Westview. Westview has some really good players and good coaching.

South Side and Crockett could go two different ways... if Crockett plays like they did against McNairy, Crockett loses by 15. If they play like they did in the district championship against Westview, it’ll be a heck of a ballgame!

I agree! Also I am sure our great coach Brent McNeal is working on stopping Crockett’s Pg Patterson now! She had 25 of 50 points in their win over McNairy. I forgot the one shooter but them 2 can not beat us! We will have the game plan for success, I just hope our players performs well! If I shots are falling I think Crockett will be in trouble 

Edited by Tez2319

Keys to the game:

Crockett County has to get scoring from Pankey, she has to attack on defensive breakdowns. 

South Side HAS to hit some threes. I assume they are gonna see a heavy amount of zone. Gotta look to the gaps as well for easy finishes around the rim.

Crockett has to stay out of foul trouble: if Patterson OR Pankey get 2 early, they don't have another ball handler capable of breaking the press.

South Side HAS to look to the post players early and often (Crockett is VERY small) if they get a few baskets early, it's gonna open up the game for the perimeter players.

Edited by dmm88

2 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Keys to the game:

Crockett County has to get scoring from Pankey, she has to attack on defensive breakdowns. 

South Side HAS to hit some threes. I assume they are gonna see a heavy amount of zone. Gotta look to the gaps as well for easy finishes around the rim.

Crockett has to stay out of foul trouble: if Patterson OR Pankey get 2 early, they don't have another ball handler capable of breaking the press.

South Side HAS to look to the post players early and often (Crockett is VERY small) if they get a few baskets early, it's gonna open up the game for the perimeter players.

I like your analysis. You have any insight on Westview-Lexington game? Have not seen Lady Tigers this year. We'll have the broadcast of both 7AA semis tomorrow night on Mix 101.3 beginning at 5:40

Edited by NWhoopaholic
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, NWhoopaholic said:

I like your analysis. You have any insight on Westview-Lexington game? Have not seen Lady Tigers this year. We'll have the broadcast of both 7AA semis tomorrow night on Mix 101.3 beginning at 5:40

Lexington will have to find a way to contain the 3pt shooting of Westview. Looks like Chester did a good job slowing Westview down or either they looked over Chester. Lexington has a chance if they can score

3 hours ago, Tez2319 said:

I agree! Also I am sure our great coach Brent McNeal is working on stopping Crockett’s Pg Patterson now! She had 25 of 50 points in their win over McNairy. I forgot the one shooter but them 2 can not beat us! We will have the game plan for success, I just hope our players performs well! If I shoots are falling I think Crockett will be in trouble 

If I was playing Souh Side I would play zone all night. No way I play them man to man. They are too quick. I do like South Side in this one though by 6. I will take Westview by 8.

20 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

If I was playing Souh Side I would play zone all night. No way I play them man to man. They are too quick. I do like South Side in this one though by 6. I will take Westview by 8.

Yea obion tried a zone, it didn’t work! They had a zone box in one on Miller! She scored 19 still and our freshman & sophomore post had double doubles we won by 32. We are playing much better since that Christmas tournament! Crockett here we come! 

6 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

Lexington's offense revolves around Kyla Taylor. Leading scorer and rebounder. Also a primary ball handler. They will look to her early and often for points. Also, Trinity Beard will probably start on Alexis Callins. Second leading scorer and best defender.  Haley Scott is the shooter. Also a very good ball handler as well. Eve Griffin and Anya Taylor round out the starting 5. Those two don't look to score much, but do all of the little things that don't show up in the stat book.

The keys for the Lady Tigers are: 

What to take away: Westview is great scoring around the rim with Johnson, or shooting the 3 with Callins, Gadlen, and Yancey. That will be  something to watch.

KNOW where Callins is at all times. I know they won't faceguard her, but she's gotta be a focus defensively, they have to be ready to fight through lots of screens.

Rebounding. Westview is the bigger team, but Lexington can't afford to give the Lady Chargers second shots. Those could be momemtum plays.

Turnovers: Lexington has to force turnovers, whether that's playing zone, man, or trapping in the half court. Those will be key for the Lady Tigers as they look to generate some easy points off turnovers. 

It's gonna come down to Lexington hitting shots, staying close on the boards, and not turning it over. If they do those three things, it will be a ball game. 

Edited by dmm88

10 hours ago, dmm88 said:

Lexington's offense revolves around Kyla Taylor. Leading scorer and rebounder. Also a primary ball handler. They will look to her early and often for points. Also, Trinity Beard will probably start on Alexis Callins. Second leading scorer and best defender.  Haley Scott is the shooter. Also a very good ball handler as well. Eve Griffin and Anya Taylor round out the starting 5. Those two don't look to score much, but do all of the little things that don't show up in the stat book.

What to take away: Westview is great scoring around the rim with Johnson, or shooting the 3 with Callins, Gadlen, and Yancey. That will be  something to watch.

KNOW where Callins is at all times. I know they won't faceguard her, but she's gotta be a focus defensively, they have to be ready to fight through lots of screens.

Rebounding. Westview is the bigger team, but Lexington can't afford to give the Lady Chargers second shots. Those could be momemtum plays.

Turnovers: Lexington has to force turnovers, whether that's playing zone, man, or trapping in the half court. Those will be key for the Lady Tigers as they look to generate some easy points off turnovers. 

It's gonna come down to Lexington hitting shots, staying close on the boards, and not turning it over. If they do those three things, it will be a ball game. 

Thank you Hubie Brown lol

11 hours ago, dmm88 said:

I seriously thank you. Cary Mallard and I swapped some notes this morning. Looking forward to a pair of great games tonight.