Region 4 AA

jimbo44

28 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

I was there with 1 second left in the half her big girl shot a 3 and it was blocked out of frustration the girl shoved the DeKalb player down and a foul was called with no time left. It was Upperman’s 10th foul she ran almost to mid court and started yelling at the ref (wasn’t the one who made the call) the DeKalb player goes to the line and she’s screaming at them. The girl missed the FT and she started screaming again that it was a 1 and 1 but the foul was the 1 that made it a double bonus she grabbed the ref and was arguing during the FT. 

I wondered of anyone got a picture of this or a film of this.  If they did they should send it in to TSSAA even though they probably wouldn't do anything about it.   

6 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

We shot bad period! 

So did DeKalb, I don’t think they hit one 3  tonight and hit like 12 the other night vs Cumberland. The only way I thought they could compete with Upperman was to hit a bunch of 3’s but they didn’t.

Edited by Khall555

17 minutes ago, swipper said:

I wondered of anyone got a picture of this or a film of this.  If they did they should send it in to TSSAA even though they probably wouldn't do anything about it.   

They had the tape from the State Championship game last year and did nothing. 

FYI kudos to all the fans tonight I have been in that gym many times and have never heard it that loud and packed 

Edited by Khall555

5 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

So did DeKalb, I don’t think they hit one 3  tonight and hit like 12 the other night vs Cumberland. The only way I thought they could compete with Upperman was to hit a bunch of 3’s but they didn’t.

Their ability to make FTs and Uppermans inability to make them was the difference. Foul trouble hurt Upp. 

10 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I was there with 1 second left in the half her big girl shot a 3 and it was blocked out of frustration the girl shoved the DeKalb player down and a foul was called with no time left. It was Upperman’s 10th foul she ran almost to mid court and started yelling at the ref (wasn’t the one who made the call) the DeKalb player goes to the line and she’s screaming at them. The girl missed the FT and she started screaming again that it was a 1 and 1 but the foul was the 1 that made it a double bonus she grabbed the ref and was arguing during the FT. 

I was there also and she got a little uptight but she never screamed. If you know Dana she doesn't have the voice to scream and she never once laid her hands on the ref. I facebook live'd the game. Don't feed a bunch of crap that isn't  there. She first talked to older ref that made the call then she asked the lady official for some clarification.  She never screamed and she never laid her hands on anybody. Quit exaggerating!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lakers1977 said:

We shot bad period! 

That's correct we didn't make the free throws.  Our offense has been horrendous for weeks now. Dekalb playwd good enough to win. I don't think Dekalb fouled on purpose. I didn't see a foul on the play but I aso wouldn't have called a foul with 1.8 seconds left. The girl was blocked and she hit the floor and they called a foul. I wouldn't have called a foul with that amount of time left. I would have let them battle it out in overtime. The reason it was so loud in that crowd was macon and dekalb was mixed and both cheering against Upperman and even the folks that were there were cheering against Upperman. I have never seen two pep clubs drom 2 different schools mix like they did last night. But the reason Macon did it was they thought they had an easier ride with Dekalb winning than Upperman but Dekalb isn't smart enough to figure that out. This next game the same crowd that was cheering with you will be cheering against you calling dekalb names. Good luck to both teams out of our district continuing on. Hope to see you both at the Murphy Center representing district 8AA!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, swipper said:

IMO this was nothing like last years antics, she went pretty far out and was hollering, the ref leaned in and did not respond, then she started yelling to the other ref and then went out when halftime buzzer went off to talk to all three. Nothing more than any other coach would do in that situation, but I understand the aggravation after watching Macon's boy coach get a technical called on him last week after a free throw attempt was made for something that he supposedly said after the initial foul which may or may not have cost them a chance to play in region, and yet this was allowed.