Region 4 AA

jimbo44

41 minutes ago, daddymacvols said:

That's correct we didn't make the free throws.  Our offense has been horrendous for weeks now. Dekalb playwd good enough to win. I don't think Dekalb fouled on purpose. I didn't see a foul on the play but I aso wouldn't have called a foul with 1.8 seconds left. The girl was blocked and she hit the floor and they called a foul. I wouldn't have called a foul with that amount of time left. I would have let them battle it out in overtime. The reason it was so loud in that crowd was macon and dekalb was mixed and both cheering against Upperman and even the folks that were there were cheering against Upperman. I have never seen two pep clubs drom 2 different schools mix like they did last night. But the reason Macon did it was they thought they had an easier ride with Dekalb winning than Upperman but Dekalb isn't smart enough to figure that out. This next game the same crowd that was cheering with you will be cheering against you calling dekalb names. Good luck to both teams out of our district continuing on. Hope to see you both at the Murphy Center representing district 8AA!!!

I feel Dekalb is playing pretty well right now and has just as good of a chance to beat Macon than Upperman would have. Every tean they lost to this year were very good teams so their record is deceiving. If Macon people were routing against Upperman it may have been because of the way that they have acted this year after the way the game was won last year. 

45 minutes ago, daddymacvols said:

That's correct we didn't make the free throws.  Our offense has been horrendous for weeks now. Dekalb playwd good enough to win. I don't think Dekalb fouled on purpose. I didn't see a foul on the play but I aso wouldn't have called a foul with 1.8 seconds left. The girl was blocked and she hit the floor and they called a foul. I wouldn't have called a foul with that amount of time left. I would have let them battle it out in overtime. The reason it was so loud in that crowd was macon and dekalb was mixed and both cheering against Upperman and even the folks that were there were cheering against Upperman. I have never seen two pep clubs drom 2 different schools mix like they did last night. But the reason Macon did it was they thought they had an easier ride with Dekalb winning than Upperman but Dekalb isn't smart enough to figure that out. This next game the same crowd that was cheering with you will be cheering against you calling dekalb names. Good luck to both teams out of our district continuing on. Hope to see you both at the Murphy Center representing district 8AA!!!

No......I don’t think anyone from DC is under any illusions as to who’s going to be yelling for who Wednesday. There are very few people who watch sports who haven’t cheered for the upset every now and then. Take it as a compliment of how good you are that people are tired of seeing you win. UHS is really young, and maybe seeing all the different people there cheering against them got in their heads. But I don’t see it happening many more times. They’ll eventually get tired of that and get mad. That’s all it takes to thrive in those environments. 

1 hour ago, daddymacvols said:

I was there also and she got a little uptight but she never screamed. If you know Dana she doesn't have the voice to scream and she never once laid her hands on the ref. I facebook live'd the game. Don't feed a bunch of crap that isn't  there. She first talked to older ref that made the call then she asked the lady official for some clarification.  She never screamed and she never laid her hands on anybody. Quit exaggerating!

Maybe “screaming” is a harsher word to some how about “yelling”?

So she did not go to mid court and wasn’t yelling and didn’t yell while the girl was shooting free throws? She definitely touched the ref during the 2nd FT and wanted to know why she got the 2nd shot. I have watched over 500 HS basketball games in this state and have never seen those antics not get a T except at the end of last years Championship game. Anyone else would be told to at least stay seated on the bench for the rest of the game and 2 more FT’s would have been made. I don’t know why this coach is allowed to get away with leaving the coaches box, and yelling and touching refs while others would be probably be ejected. 

46 minutes ago, dctiger said:

No......I don’t think anyone from DC is under any illusions as to who’s going to be yelling for who Wednesday. There are very few people who watch sports who haven’t cheered for the upset every now and then. Take it as a compliment of how good you are that people are tired of seeing you win. UHS is really young, and maybe seeing all the different people there cheering against them got in their heads. But I don’t see it happening many more times. They’ll eventually get tired of that and get mad. That’s all it takes to thrive in those environments. 

People forgot to mention a lot of York people stayed, along with Cumberland fans and was also cheering for DeKalb. Upperman had about 10% of the crowd and was very quiet most games (understandable since their boys had a game BTW). Of all the 8AA girls team DeKalb is the most likable team to cheer for since they have never won anything and it’s nice to see them make the Sub-State. Yes Macon fans will be cheering for their team and DeKalb for theirs but the hate won’t be the same as it was for Upperman. Macon fans will certainly be pulling for DeKalb after the game Wednesday.

Edited by Khall555

29 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

People forgot to mention a lot of York people stayed, along with Cumberland fans and was also cheering for DeKalb. Upperman had about 10% of the crowd and was very quiet most games (understandable since their boys had a game BTW). Of all the 8AA girls team DeKalb is the most likable team to cheer for since they have never won anything and it’s nice to see them make the Sub-State. Yes Macon fans will be cheering for their team and DeKalb for theirs but the hate won’t be the same as it was for Upperman. Macon fans will certainly be pulling for DeKalb after the game Wednesday.

It’s just scary to think how good this sectional is too. The only good thing DC has going into substate is that we don’t see McMinn or Meigs very often, if ever, so the intimidation factor that plays into a game against Macon or Upperman won’t be there. 

That being said I know how crazy McMinn Centrals gym can get if we have to go there. 

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

To hate a group of 14-17 year old girls is just really sad!  I don’t care where they are from.  

Edited by Lakers1977
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lakers1977 said:

To hate a group of 14-17 year old girls is just really sad!  I don’t care where they are from.  

The same kids “hating” them will be classmates or teammates in college and maybe date each other and become friends. It’s not that bad.

That wasn’t even the nastiest game I have attended in that gym this year Stone/Cumberland was far worse and a lot of those kids are related to each other.

5 hours ago, daddymacvols said:

The foul st the end of the game was definitely a foul the girl was hacked on the arm by two Upperman players it had to be called I was on that end with a great view of the play. I was just there watching not for one nor the other so my judgment isn’t partially impaired by favoritism