Region 4 AA

jimbo44

22 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

It was really great when the Upperman girls walked in and both student sections and some adults chanted “we hate Upperman “ and booed the girls.  Such sportsmanship and class shown by both groups! 

Go cry a river... I don’t think anyone personally hates the Upperman team or Dana for that matter. In fact, I think most of the girls are friends and some even play together during the summer. It is all in good fun and it has obviously gotten under your skin and apparently the Upperman team (mainly the coach). Upperman is the two-time defending state champ, so you have a bulls eye on your back. Put on your big girl panties and realize people “hate” you because they want their school to have that success. It’s not personal and NOT in bad taste. Do you need a soft pillow or a quiet place? Embrace the hate and understand you earned it by being the most successful AA team in the state for two years running. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lakers1977 said:

It was really great when the Upperman girls walked in and both student sections and some adults chanted “we hate Upperman “ and booed the girls.  Such sportsmanship and class shown by both groups! 

Seriously? Maybe running up the score on people, recruiting players from other counties, and being better than everyone else might have something to do with the “hate”. Poor Dana and her girls they won’t have their god given right to win another state championship this year. How many wins in a row was it over DeKalb? I don’t know if they have ever beaten them until last Monday night. And given that no one outside of Baxter thinks Upperman rightfully won that game last year and the coach got away with something that every other coach would have gotten a technical and probably tossed for it draws ire especially from the losing team. 

The DeKalb fans were chanting “we hate Keeley” when the Macon fans were chanting “MVP” it was all in good fun. I believe the Girls and coaches from Macon would love to be the “hated” team next year if it means bringing a State Championship trophy to LaFayette.

Don’t you find it interesting that no one “hates” Macon, Livingston, Cannon, York with all their history? No one hates Upperman they are all sick of Dana trying to run the show and stealing the good players from everyone else. She may be pretty and nice outside of the court but she rubs some people the wrong way. Upperman had almost no history compared to those programs until 2 years ago.

And before you start harping that Macon doesn’t have a Gold ball (hopefully that ends this year) you may want to look at their overall history they had 4 straight undefeated seasons and produced the 1st woman player inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame & considered by some to be the Greatest woman player ever. It’s not their fault the TSSAA didn’t exist back then. Keeley Carter should win Ms. Basketball next year and still won’t be in the program’s top 5 players all time.

Are you cheering for Macon to win it all this year or do you “hate” them?

Edited by Khall555

2 hours ago, Lakers1977 said:

Go away... Upperman is not relevant for the remainder of this season. Be gone, your power are no good here!

Edited by tnchad1980

You all justifying  screaming insults to a group of young girls that work extremely hard and have worked extremely hard are pathetic.  

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

Seriously? Maybe running up the score on people, recruiting players from other counties, and being better than everyone else might have something to do with the “hate”. Poor Dana and her girls they won’t have their god given right to win another state championship this year. How many wins in a row was it over DeKalb? I don’t know if they have ever beaten them until last Monday night. And given that no one outside of Baxter thinks Upperman rightfully won that game last year and the coach got away with something that every other coach would have gotten a technical and probably tossed for it draws ire especially from the losing team. 

The DeKalb fans were chanting “we hate Keeley” when the Macon fans were chanting “MVP” it was all in good fun. I believe the Girls and coaches from Macon would love to be the “hated” team next year if it means bringing a State Championship trophy to LaFayette.

Don’t you find it interesting that no one “hates” Macon, Livingston, Cannon, York with all their history? No one hates Upperman they are all sick of Dana trying to run the show and stealing the good players from everyone else. She may be pretty and nice outside of the court but she rubs some people the wrong way. Upperman had almost no history compared to those programs until 2 years ago.

And before you start harping that Macon doesn’t have a Gold ball (hopefully that ends this year) you may want to look at their overall history they had 4 straight undefeated seasons and produced the 1st woman player inducted into the Naismith Hall of Fame & considered by some to be the Greatest woman player ever. It’s not their fault the TSSAA didn’t exist back then. Keeley Carter should win Ms. Basketball next year and still won’t be in the program’s top 5 players all time.

Are you cheering for Macon to win it all this year or do you “hate” them?

Maybe you should tell fans and the students to have a little class and act like they’ve been there before. 

6 hours ago, Lakers1977 said:

You all justifying  screaming insults to a group of young girls that work extremely hard and have worked extremely hard are pathetic.  

Maybe you should tell fans and the students to have a little class and act like they’ve been there before. 

And the girls at Watertown, Smith, LA are not hard working? I am sure Upperman shows them respect every time they play them!!

The “We’re going to flatten you like the tornado did” signs and chants directed at Macon are true class BTW. Which school allowed that again?

I would 1000 times rather have my child boo’ed for 20 seconds than be reminded of losing a neighbor, family member, favorite pet, or the trauma of being huddled in fear of her life, during a basketball game. FYI: what Cannon County did that year was amazing and real class!!

Did you feel bad for Macon’s players last year or did you think they were “losers” and “chokers”? I have seen Upperman posters on here referring to them as that.

How about sympathy for the Freshman girl that missed the 2 FT’s in the Championship game? How about respecting her and not allowing the coach to run out on the court multiple times and distract her?

Do you want Macon to win the Championship this year or would you rather taunt them by pointing to the State Championship banners in your home court next year? 

Edited by Khall555

5 hours ago, Khall555 said:

And the girls at Watertown, Smith, LA are not hard working? I am sure Upperman shows them respect every time they play them!!

The “We’re going to flatten you like the tornado did” signs and chants directed at Macon are true class BTW. Which school allowed that again?

I would 1000 times rather have my child boo’ed for 20 seconds than be reminded of losing a neighbor, family member, favorite pet, or the trauma of being huddled in fear of her life, during a basketball game. FYI: what Cannon County did that year was amazing and real class!!

Did you feel bad for Macon’s players last year or did you think they were “losers” and “chokers”? I have seen Upperman posters on here referring to them as that.

How about sympathy for the Freshman girl that missed the 2 FT’s in the Championship game? How about respecting her and not allowing the coach to run out on the court multiple times and distract her?

Do you want Macon to win the Championship this year or would you rather taunt them by pointing to the State Championship banners in your home court next year? 

Having a sign that says we are going to flatten the tornadoes is not even comparable to the booing, to basically the whole gym chanting we hate Upperman, to the student section chanting Reagan’s awkward,  Akira’s better, or Ashlyn is really a man.  Those are personal attacks!  I do feel bad for the Macon player that missed her free throws.  I also absolutely hate when our student section chants a player is overrated.  I find that classless as well.  Tell me you’re fine with your daughter being treated that way when she is treated like that.  

Edited by Lakers1977

42 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

Having a sign that says we are going to flatten the tornadoes is not even comparable to the booing, to basically the whole gym chanting we hate Upperman, to the student section chanting Reagan’s awkward,  Akira’s better, or Ashlyn is really a man.  Those are personal attacks!  I do feel bad for the Macon player that missed her free throws.  I also absolutely hate when our student section chants a player is overrated.  I find that classless as well.  Tell me you’re fine with your daughter being treated that way when she is treated like that.  

I don’t think you understand the concept of it just being for fun. Nor do I think flatten the tornadoes is not as bad as chanting a persons name. Peoples lives were lost and to make fun of that is way out of hand. It’s all just for fun a games when MC chants  “we hate Upperman.” They just want the fame that upperman has had the past few years.  Maybe you should just get over the fact Upperman is no longer in the tournament and is irrelevant the rest of this season. 

4 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

I don’t think you understand the concept of it just being for fun. Nor do I think flatten the tornadoes is not as bad as chanting a persons name. Peoples lives were lost and to make fun of that is way out of hand. It’s all just for fun a games when MC chants  “we hate Upperman.” They just want the fame that upperman has had the past few years.  Maybe you should just get over the fact Upperman is no longer in the tournament and is irrelevant the rest of this season. 

I’m sure you condone the fact that the Macon students brought a dog to the gym making fun of a players parent that has a service animal.  I absolutely do not condone making fun of or making light of people losing their life or home  in a tornado.  I didn’t see the sign that is being talked about but it shouldn’t have been allowed by UHS principal.  It is not right to make fun of or personally attack a group of teenage girls.  I don’t care how talented or famous they are. 

19 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

I’m sure you condone the fact that the Macon students brought a dog to the gym making fun of a players parent that has a service animal.  I absolutely do not condone making fun of or making light of people losing their life or home  in a tornado.  I didn’t see the sign that is being talked about but it shouldn’t have been allowed by UHS principal.  It is not right to make fun of or personally attack a group of teenage girls.  I don’t care how talented or famous they are. 

I’ve been to every game this season and years past and I don’t remember seeing one of the students bring a dog to the game making fun of that parent. Might wanna have proof before you start accusing the students of something they didn’t do. 

I understand where you are coming from about chanting against a player and why you would be upset. But high school kids will be kids. And them saying that doesn’t mean they mean it. Everybody knows that up here in Lafayette. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MCFAN3 said:

I’ve been to every game this season and years past and I don’t remember seeing one of the students bring a dog to the game making fun of that parent. Might wanna have proof before you start accusing the students of something they didn’t do. 

I understand where you are coming from about chanting against a player and why you would be upset. But high school kids will be kids. And them saying that doesn’t mean they mean it. Everybody knows that up here in Lafayette. 

Well the kids they are making fun of in Baxter think they mean it and take it personal.   Yes, the students had a dog at the Macon/Upperman game.  It was a shepherd and it belonged to Shrum’s family member.  

Edited by Lakers1977

1 hour ago, MCFAN3 said:

It wasn’t “flatten the Tornadoes” it was “we are going to flatten Macon County like the tornado” referring to the 2008 tornado that hit Lafayette. Huge difference. I was making the point that Upperman’s students are little angels either. 

Can we all agree that kids are young and stupid? I was trying to make a positive comment about the crowd and it went negative. The fact that both sides cheered for Each other during the trophy presentation and the Macon students were chanting “DeKalb County” during it was respectful. 

FYI: one of my daughter’s elementary school teammates got called the “B” word by a opposition parent. I explained it to my daughter that she has to tune it out. I have even heard her teammates parents say things about my daughter playing during a game. I ignored it because it means nothing.

Edited by Khall555