Region 4 AA

jimbo44

48 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

Yes, and should be called both ways! 

It was called both ways, she was hammered by 2 defenders in the act of shooting. Even the coach did not argue that call. The final foul count was 16-14 and Upperman stayed at the Free Throw line for the entire 2nd half. It would have been a blow out if they shot even 50%. 

48 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

Yes, and should be called both ways! 

It was called both ways, she was hammered by 2 defenders in the act of shooting. Even the coach did not argue that call. The final foul count was 16-14 and Upperman stayed at the Free Throw line for the entire 2nd half. It would have been a blow out if they shot even 50%. 

23 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

They missed 10 free throws! Totally agree they should have made them but they missed 10.  I would hardly call that a blow out! 

Edited by Lakers1977

37 minutes ago, Lakers1977 said:

They missed 10 free throws! Totally agree they should have made them but they missed 10.  I would hardly call that a blow out! 

How many did they make? It seemed as if they missed more than 10. I know Hurst missed 4 in a row and then made 2  to put them up by 2 (it may have been their last 2 points). As close as that game was 10 points would have seemed like a blow out. 

Edited by Khall555

11 hours ago, dctiger said:

It’s just scary to think how good this sectional is too. The only good thing DC has going into substate is that we don’t see McMinn or Meigs very often, if ever, so the intimidation factor that plays into a game against Macon or Upperman won’t be there. 

That being said I know how crazy McMinn Centrals gym can get if we have to go there. 

Honestly I wonder how good those teams really are, McMinn Central lost to Bledsoe Co earlier this year and Beat Meigs. Plus given how DeKalb played 2 straight tough games they are battle tested. Of their 10 losses 3 are to Upperman, 2 to Macon, 1 to White, 1 to York are all tough competition and they learned how to win those games in the last week. It’s going to be either a close game tomorrow night or a Macon whitewashing (I may be wrong but I do not think DeKalb has the talent to blow out Macon) but this game means nothing because both teams have the look of State Tournament teams ( I was saying that before this Tournament began)

BTW was it a boy or girl and how is baby and mommy?

Edited by Khall555

52 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Honestly I wonder how good those teams really are, McMinn Central lost to Bledsoe Co earlier this year and Beat Meigs. Plus given how DeKalb played 2 straight tough games they are battle tested. Of their 10 losses 3 are to Upperman, 2 to Macon, 1 to White, 1 to York are all tough competition and they learned how to win those games in the last week. It’s going to be either a close game tomorrow night or a Macon whitewashing (I may be wrong but I do not think DeKalb has the talent to blow out Macon) but this game means nothing because both teams have the look of State Tournament teams ( I was saying that before this Tournament began)

Little girl and they are both fantastic! Thank you for asking. 

And it really makes me happy hearing that assessment coming from someone who doesn’t really have a bias. Fish caught a lot of flak when he got the job. How big of a loss Cope was. Liked Cope. Nice guy. But his most successful year was his first. With a senior laden group that had been someone else’s. Fish is in his third year now. He had a lot to do with our success. Plus being blessed with some really good players. 

28 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Central lost to Bledsoe the second game of the year, they also beat Gatlinburg-Pittman by about 10, Dekalb lost to Pittman by about 10. Central only lost to Bradley by 9. Meigs beat Central by 20 at home by 7 in the district championship and lost by 1 at Central after leading by 15 for most of the game, and they were just getting there best player back from a ACL injury that she got back in the summer. She scored 36 last year in the substate game against Upperman. Meigs is the better team but when those two play records out the window.

I watched the Dekalb/York game and if Dekalb loses they will be a underdog especially at Meigs. I would take Meigs by 15+ IMO

13 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

Central lost to Bledsoe the second game of the year, they also beat Gatlinburg-Pittman by about 10, Dekalb lost to Pittman by about 10. Central only lost to Bradley by 9. Meigs beat Central by 20 at home by 7 in the district championship and lost by 1 at Central after leading by 15 for most of the game, and they were just getting there best player back from a ACL injury that she got back in the summer. She scored 36 last year in the substate game against Upperman. Meigs is the better team but when those two play records out the window.

I watched the Dekalb/York game and if Dekalb loses they will be a underdog especially at Meigs. I would take Meigs by 15+ IMO

No disrespect intended. All I am saying is that DeKalb can go on the road and win, because 2 years ago Macon went to a #1 ranked McMinn Central with 4 freshman starting and won. It’s not an impossible task for a team like DeKalb. They just beat 2 top 10 teams (1 on their home court) and tonight even if they get blown out they should be prepared and have a good chance to win. Macon could also get beat by those teams, but they should be more prepared for any environment. 

Edited by Khall555

50 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

No disrespect intended. All I am saying is that DeKalb can go on the road and win, because 2 years ago Macon went to a #1 ranked McMinn Central with 4 freshman starting and won. It’s not an impossible task for a team like DeKalb. They just beat 2 top 10 teams (1 on their home court) and tonight even if they get blown out they should be prepared and have a good chance to win. Macon could also get beat by those teams, but they should be more prepared for any environment. 

I agree, McMinn Central isn’t as good as yours passed, but are good at home and they have a very good coach. Meigs is till very young playing mostly 5 sophomores and 2 juniors in close games. The winners tonight will have a good chance to go to state, the loser will have a tough time. But will still have a chance.

21 minutes ago, repoman said:

I don't think McMinn can win at Macon ,Meigs could possibly win at Macon.  I don't think Dekalb can win neither home or away sub state,  just my opinion. I think Macon wins regional.

You may be right. But we’ve loved being the underdog the past couple of games. This has been a historic year for us regardless. Even just a sectional game. 

26 minutes ago, dctiger said:

You may be right. But we’ve loved being the underdog the past couple of games. This has been a historic year for us regardless. Even just a sectional game. 

Never know like the ole saying goes "rather be lucky than good anyday" luck is on your side up till today or Saturday anyways.  good luck!