Final 8 in D2 A

Mothman26

Match ups start Saturday with then final 4 heading to Lipscombs Allen Arena. With Keon Johnson’s suspension in the air it looks like Knox Webb is the favorite but last years champs Grace Knox are still in and playing a veteran CPA team who is always in these games. 

Harding at Knox Webb

Grace Knox at CPA

Chattanooga Christian at Webb Bell Buckle 

Goodpasture at Tipton Rosemark 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/21/2019 at 12:39 AM, Mothman26 said:

Match ups start Saturday with then final 4 heading to Lipscombs Allen Arena. With Keon Johnson’s suspension in the air it looks like Knox Webb is the favorite but last years champs Grace Knox are still in and playing a veteran CPA team who is always in these games. 

Harding at Knox Webb

Grace Knox at CPA

Chattanooga Christian at Webb Bell Buckle 

Goodpasture at Tipton Rosemark 

I'm going with Knox Webb over Harding

CPA over Knox Grace

Webb School over Chattanooga Christian

Goodpasture over Tipton-Rosemark

In the Semifinals:

Knox Webb over CPA

Webb School over Goodpasture

Championship:

Knox Webb over Webb School

Edited by tonybologna

2 hours ago, Tiger1214 said:

It must have been a good game?

Only if you're a Sparty fan......

Best game (or worst from my Sr's perspective) was last night at CPA in our game with them.......the home team came out on top by 2 pts in a back and forth battle that included what turned out to be an incredible, back-breaking 3/4 court shot from the far free-throw line at the 3rd quarter buzzer by McCormick. Its on Twitter @cpabasketball if anyone wants to relive that shot. It didn't sink us.....missed free throws did, but it was ultimately the deciding margin nonetheless.

Having said all of that, I'd like to thank BreadTruck and his friends at CPA for hosting us the past two games. Y'all were as kind as any opposing fans ever could be. And, it was a great gym to play in. Good luck to your guys this weekend. You know my family is rooting for you! You've got your hands full though. Webb Knox is better now than at any time last year. The have no size, but they're extremely athletic, they bring four quarters of chaos on the defensive end, and they shoot 3's as well as you guys did last night, if not better.....if that's possible. :( 

It should be a doozy of a Final Four. Good luck to all teams. As for my boy.......it is finally my favorite season of the year.......BASEBALL SEASON!!! GO RAMS!!!

20 hours ago, RaiseEmRightnPray said:

Only if you're a Sparty fan......

Best game (or worst from my Sr's perspective) was last night at CPA in our game with them.......the home team came out on top by 2 pts in a back and forth battle that included what turned out to be an incredible, back-breaking 3/4 court shot from the far free-throw line at the 3rd quarter buzzer by McCormick. Its on Twitter @cpabasketball if anyone wants to relive that shot. It didn't sink us.....missed free throws did, but it was ultimately the deciding margin nonetheless.

Having said all of that, I'd like to thank BreadTruck and his friends at CPA for hosting us the past two games. Y'all were as kind as any opposing fans ever could be. And, it was a great gym to play in. Good luck to your guys this weekend. You know my family is rooting for you! You've got your hands full though. Webb Knox is better now than at any time last year. The have no size, but they're extremely athletic, they bring four quarters of chaos on the defensive end, and they shoot 3's as well as you guys did last night, if not better.....if that's possible. :( 

It should be a doozy of a Final Four. Good luck to all teams. As for my boy.......it is finally my favorite season of the year.......BASEBALL SEASON!!! GO RAMS!!!

Thanks for the kind words!

It was great meeting a fellow CoachT poster in person and Grace’s fan base. It was great game and a shame someone had to lose (overused cliche I know).

Thr second half was one of the most exciting I’ve seen. I was worried those last 4 minutes. After watching the winning shot many times, it struck me how great the penetration and kick out to Stout by the sophomore Zapp really was...

I hope we can meet again in baseball, also my favorite time of the year (12 inning scrimmage last night). But first we’ve got some more work to do with the bouncing ball. 

13 hours ago, passtherock said:

Interesting

Well, I have gotten 3 out of 4 teams right in the Semifinals. Tipton-Rosemark was the exception. I'm not as familiar with the D-II schools in Tennessee but I certainly do follow the entire state of Tennessee in both football & basketball. I do in baseball as well but not as closely as both football & basketball.

Since basketball was my top sport growing up & ended up playing high school & college basketball I guess that's why I would place basketball as the high school sport I follow the closest even though I love to watch a high school football game better than a high school basketball game. :wink:

On 2/27/2019 at 9:03 AM, BreadTruck44 said:

Thanks for the kind words!

It was great meeting a fellow CoachT poster in person and Grace’s fan base. It was great game and a shame someone had to lose (overused cliche I know).

Thr second half was one of the most exciting I’ve seen. I was worried those last 4 minutes. After watching the winning shot many times, it struck me how great the penetration and kick out to Stout by the sophomore Zapp really was...

I hope we can meet again in baseball, also my favorite time of the year (12 inning scrimmage last night). But first we’ve got some more work to do with the bouncing ball. 

You guys move the ball to the open 3 as well as Webb does. I hope you have enough athleticism to handle their pressure to make it a great semifinal. I'll be listening on my way home from NC. Good luck my friend!

Edited by RaiseEmRightnPray