Dekalb County/Jackson Co/LA

UCSportsFan

4 hours ago, 89Bulldawg4life said:

Let’s not forget the consolidation of HS’s in Clay Co. Hermitage Springs never dominated anyone but they always had a couple of solid players. Clay Co High has definitely benefited in athletics partly because of getting all those kids at 1 school. Especially the boys team...And yes, talent comes &  goes in cycles, especially at small schools

Jackson County is still twice the size of Clay County even with Hermitage Springs joining them.  Clay County has embraced the AAU program at the grade school level which has made a huge difference. Does anyone know if JC or LA has an AAU program for their grade schoolers/middle schoolers and or high schoolers?  

16 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Jackson County is still twice the size of Clay County even with Hermitage Springs joining them.  Clay County has embraced the AAU program at the grade school level which has made a huge difference. Does anyone know if JC or LA has an AAU program for their grade schoolers/middle schoolers and or high schoolers?  

Livingston players play on TN Rush and new team called Legends.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2019 at 3:37 PM, Khall555 said:

Wasn’t Levy from Overton county? Maybe if Livingston had her they would have had better outcomes.

Everyone knows why Jackson was so good for so long and now those players are going to Upperman.

Maybe the latter years...but the 4 strait in AA from 00 to 03 was all home grown players.  After that I know of another championship. The last one we won over Union City was only one move in who didn’t even start.  It wasn’t the only reason Jackson County was successful.

It's just the culture. I'll probably take crap for it, but it's not coaching at LA. 

It's a sense of entitlement and thinking that just because they're Livingston Academy that people will lay down. 

They don't put the work in in the off season while neighboring counties do. But that's also at the middle school levels, too. In the good times at LA, the kids worked hard and didn't have to be taught the basics. 

There are very good coaches at the middle school programs up here, but they need more than a month of practice to get for a season. 

20 hours ago, rebelboy121 said:

Clay County lost to very average Eagleville team.  The Pickett County team from last year was way better than Clay County or Clarkrange.

20 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Dekalb will be strong, Jackson will be weak, LA will be average 

Yes. Jackson co is a couple years of away.

i was also surprised Clay lost that game.  I’ve seen it happen before, where a really good team gets beat on another teams home floor at substate.  It’s just a magical atmosphere. (Hosting substate)

1 hour ago, bob77 said:

Yes. Jackson co is a couple years of away.

i was also surprised Clay lost that game.  I’ve seen it happen before, where a really good team gets beat on another teams home floor at substate.  It’s just a magical atmosphere. (Hosting substate)

Looks as if Eagleville is earning it today.