Smith Co

Rade Butcher

On 3/6/2019 at 12:29 PM, Iceman2000 said:

Why was Sanders let go?

This has not been received well in the county. You should not be upset at all iceman. If I was a gambling man I would bet Trey is going to go help John at DeKalb. I do not believe that would be a bad setup down there because Smith Co. would love to have both of them back here. They are the last two coaches I can recall doing anything productive at Smith in a long time.  If rumors are true about Martin at Smith that wouldn’t be bad but it will take him a while to do anything good here. 

If they swallowed their bitterness Coach Thompson would be the perfect choice. Some road miles on the old warrior  but alot of experience...400+ wins...7 state appearances...doubt anyone including Ash has that kind of resume.

Edited by TheHill

10 minutes ago, Reynard said:

Where is Coach Bibb from? And any history /coaching stops etc. would be appreciated.

He’s from Todd County, Ky I believe. He played at TTU in the 90’s and has coached at Pickett Co in the past,  very good coach who’s had success at the single A level already I think it’s a good fit. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts22

3 hours ago, TheTruthHurts22 said:

He’s from Todd County, Ky I believe. He played at TTU in the 90’s and has coached at Pickett Co in the past,  very good coach who’s had success at the single A level already I think it’s a good fit. 

Figured there was a connection.    The SC DOS is from that area so that explains that.   

Iceman, I haven't heard of anything with the SC boys coach or girls coach.   But I got a feeling there will be something happening pretty quick.  Could involve Story or Sanders or Martin in some combination.  But I've been wrong (once) before.  

Edited by Reynard

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, Reynard said:

Figured there was a connection.    The SC DOS is from that area so that explains that.   

Iceman, I haven't heard of anything with the SC boys coach or girls coach.   But I got a feeling there will be something happening pretty quick.  Could involve Story or Sanders or Martin in some combination.  But I've been wrong (once) before.  

Bibb is a solid coach. Trey Sanders would be the perfect fit back in Carthage. Linus Martin is solid as well. I'll throw out another name for the boys job...Mike Buck.