Smith Co

Rade Butcher

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 8:39 AM, Iceman2000 said:

Is this the guy that coached at Monterey. If so not very successful.  Hopefully things work out for Smith Co. 

Monterey??  Imagine that, another Coach from that area coming to Smith Co.  Looks like the DOS...., well never mind. It don't matter.

Edited by Reynard

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2019 at 3:44 PM, Reynard said:

I know Trey, John, Patrick and Zack Sanders well.  You would be hard pressed to find a better group of men. That may be most of my reason for such high regard.

I think Trey and John are similar coaches, but different too. John played and learned from Trey but I think has put his on ideas and spin on things. I think at this point in time, I would probably take John as head coach with Trey as an assistant.  From everything I've seen, John has a competitive edge about him in everything he does and has a passion for the game. Something else I used to always be a critic of Trey  about was his use of big men while at SC. I didn't think he got as much out of them as he should have. ( that's just me) . I think John does, or tries to use them more when he has them. I hated when he left SC, and I know he had a rough start at DC, but I know the guy can coach. As can Trey.    

Don't know as much about Bibb as some. I saw some say he is  a great coach. My question would be, If he's a great coach, how come his last job was coaching SC girls. Evidently he coached somewhere before, and according to some was great. So why SC as girls coach?  Just asking.     And L. Martin seems to be a good coach, but I always though his teams underachieved.  I know talent is up and down, but sometimes I though he had better talent than what DC played. I remember 1 good season while he was there, one that sticks out anyway..(Sonny ??? played that season) ...but remember, I'm an SC guy. And don't follow basketball as much as I did.

He was a great coach at Pickett County, but left coaching for a very good business venture. A coach has to take a job that is open and he took it and quickly was grabbed by Gordonsville. They are very lucky to have him.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:36 AM, Reynard said:

Where is Coach Bibb from? And any history /coaching stops etc. would be appreciated.

I mentioned this in other posts, but to answer your's, he was boys' coach at Pickett County and did a great job. He left for a very good business opportunity. Gordonsville has gotten an excellent coach.