• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

PeabodyPride

Top 10 in 2A for 2019

On 3/27/2019 at 10:37 PM, RTD said:

Everyone but Trousdale Co we don't do that we build from within.  All of the TC players start in pee wee come up through TC not other communities. TC doesn't need transfers to compete we do it the right way no open enrollment we have one school in the whole county.

So technically you do have open enrollment for the whole county. LMBO. Also, Trousdale has gotten their fair share of transfers over the years. All good programs get some from time to time. 

27 minutes ago, TheAmbassador said:

So technically you do have open enrollment for the whole county. LMBO. Also, Trousdale has gotten their fair share of transfers over the years. All good programs get some from time to time. 

No you are wrong. Trousdale is one of the very very few school systems in TN that is not open enrollment. You have to live in Trousdale County to go to school there. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

No you are wrong. Trousdale is one of the very very few school systems in TN that is not open enrollment. You have to live in Trousdale County to go to school there. 

Same as Greenback,no out of county Students!You HAVE to physically move to our County to come here.

54 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Same as Greenback,no out of county Students!You HAVE to physically move to our County to come here.

Can students zoned for Loudon go to Greenback and vice versa?  Does your school board policies allow it??

31 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Can students zoned for Loudon go to Greenback and vice versa?  Does your school board policies allow it??

We are a county school so if a Loudon City residence transfers (for athletics) they have to sit out a year or move over the river where a GB bus goes by.But yes any Loudon kid can come at any time but we do not accept out of county at all.Unless they move.

1 hour ago, orngnblk said:

Not exactly. No out of county doesn't mean closed zone unless you are the only school in the county. All these people claiming not to be open zone don't fully understand... School boards have the authority to enact whatever restrictions they like as far as zoning, but unless there are no exceptions, no "loopholes", or no special circumstances concerning transfers into the system from outside, you are not a closed zone system. Also, TSSAA regulations regarding transfers or eligibility don't mean squat to board policy, and vice verse. A good indicator would be busing... in almost all instances, a child not residing within a prescribed route delivering to the school would be considered "out of zone". Just as there are very, very few true closed zone systems, there are also very few truly open ones, where anyone can attend. Most systems are a modification between absolutely open zone and closed, but are considered as open zone.

24 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

Not exactly. No out of county doesn't mean closed zone unless you are the only school in the county. All these people claiming not to be open zone don't fully understand... School boards have the authority to enact whatever restrictions they like as far as zoning, but unless there are no exceptions, no "loopholes", or no special circumstances concerning transfers into the system from outside, you are not a closed zone system. Also, TSSAA regulations regarding transfers or eligibility don't mean squat to board policy, and vice verse. A good indicator would be busing... in almost all instances, a child not residing within a prescribed route delivering to the school would be considered "out of zone". Just as there are very, very few true closed zone systems, there are also very few truly open ones, where anyone can attend. Most systems are a modification between absolutely open zone and closed, but are considered as open zone.

Yeah all that makes my head hurt!LOL.All im saying is Loudon County only.I dont know how to phrase it open/closed im not sure.

44 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Yeah all that makes my head hurt!LOL.All im saying is Loudon County only.I dont know how to phrase it open/closed im not sure.

I want you to know that I wasn't responding to your post... I was typing (slowly) when you posted (hand surgery), and realized after that it looked like a reply. I was only trying to stress that most systems are different in the details, but most all would be considered open zone.

4 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Am I? LMBO.. read my response again. They are the only school in the county.. so technically I said they have open enrollment for the entire county.  Then I added a LMBO.. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tradertwo said:

I want you to know that I wasn't responding to your post... I was typing (slowly) when you posted (hand surgery), and realized after that it looked like a reply. I was only trying to stress that most systems are different in the details, but most all would be considered open zone.

10-4!

6 hours ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

The only problem is if you take all the open zone schools in TN and put them in their own league you will take 80-90% of the schools currently in Div I. The vast majority of tn schools are open zone. 

I'm fine with all those schools being in the public  just not Watertown but that because of time being from Trousdale Co.