• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

PeabodyPride

Top 10 in 2A for 2019

13 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Not to degrade the kid, but there is no comparison. He has a decent throwing ability but lacks any running ability in comparison. Where as the Meigs qb is very accurate while on the run or feet planted, with a great running ability.

This comment is about Rockwood’s QB not Peabody’s. 

15 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

Pride I think he was comparing Rockwood QB to Meigs QB. No doubt that Meigs & Peabody have arguably the best QBs in 2A. 

Figures I read it wrong,my brain is football deprived so I am more off in the head than usual ,hahahha !! 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

Figures I read it wrong,my brain is football deprived so I am more off in the head than usual ,hahahha !! 

Guess I wasn't clear, but I answered the question lol. But yeah was referring to Rockwoods qb. I haven't seen Peabody's qb play. 

23 hours ago, Imthayeti said:

Guess I wasn't clear, but I answered the question lol. But yeah was referring to Rockwoods qb. I haven't seen Peabody's qb play. 

Peabody doesn’t bring home a gold ball if he isn’t playing QB 

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:15 PM, FightingBlue0 said:

Peabody doesn’t bring home a gold ball if he isn’t playing QB 

You should see Peabody now. They look like a 4A school.  Gonna be very good baring any key injuries.  Depth is there also.

• Upvote 1

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 4:36 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If you guys beat us game 1 you should win another gold ball. Just my two cents. 

That is a mouthful.  Beating Milan is harder than getting the Gold next year.  I think we win if we lose to Milan.  I see Milan and Peabody both playing in Cookeville.  Too bad it will be on different days.  Can't wait for that Thursday night at the Palace.

• Upvote 2

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:56 PM, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Game one of last year we had you guys beat. 4th and loooooong. He made the play to win the game. Much respect for that young man. 

No one knew the better team after that game.  So evenly matched.  It will be speed against power next year.  But don't under estimate our speed.  We have some burners that will toast you in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Golddoctor said:

True

I just hope TC gets a rematch next year against Peabody. After next season I don’t think we will be in the same classification and don’t see either team playing each other in a regular season game even though that would be a great series for TC wince we having such a hard time getting anyone to come to TC.

19 hours ago, RTD said:

I just hope TC gets a rematch next year against Peabody. After next season I don’t think we will be in the same classification and don’t see either team playing each other in a regular season game even though that would be a great series for TC wince we having such a hard time getting anyone to come to TC.

If they change the classifications to just 5 there is a good chance Peabody will be 1a. Will trousdale be staying in 2a ? 

1 hour ago, Tide21 said:

If they change the classifications to just 5 there is a good chance Peabody will be 1a. Will trousdale be staying in 2a ? 

We are already 1 A with current enrollment. 

Was extremely bored today, and this is what /\/\_AXPREPS has everyone ranked as of right now for 2019. Not sure how they do it, but thought it may be good for conversation. I know the top 10 has been listed here but not many people has mentioned anything beyond that. So anyhow for fun here it is. I found these  by going to every team classified as 2a and hitting team preview.

/\/\_axpreps 2A Rankings 2019

#01__Peabody
#02__Trousdale Co.
#03__Tyner
#04__Meigs Co.
#05__Watertown
#06__Riverside
#07__Waverly
#08__Columbia Academy?(No longer 2A)
#09__Union City
#10__Fairley
#11__Lewis Co.