• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
PeabodyPride

Top 10 in 2A for 2019

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:16 PM, Croppygenius said:

Malone was a special player. Yall beat a very good Huntingdon team that season. Other than that game it's been a tough road for the Tide against the Mustangs historically. I've seen the Mustangs beat some very good Trenton teams that may have been more talented than us!

This is true

14 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Well the only way we will meet is GoldBall game and if thay happens no one is ever healthy by then !!!

I thought last year was Trousdales year to get another Gold Ball. Yeah it’s hard to be healthy but the Jackets has run a tough gauntlet - (38-11 record of playoff opponents) to Peabody slightly lighter tests (27-23 opponent records)  

3 hours ago, Turu said:

I thought last year was Trousdales year to get another Gold Ball. Yeah it’s hard to be healthy but the Jackets has run a tough gauntlet - (38-11 record of playoff opponents) to Peabody slightly lighter tests (27-23 opponent records)  

Agreed it was tough sledding for them to get there last year!! I believe it is what made them a hard nosed beast of a team they where !!

On 5/9/2019 at 1:40 PM, Salem said:

We would settle for two good quarters in some games. We gave up 49 points to Watertown at homecoming in the first half. They could have scored more.  We've won 9 games the last 2 seasons, there has only been a handful of games where we were the less physically talented team. This season is critical for the program. The seniors are the school's most talented and most successful group through their freshman year in decades. If this group can't win with this schedule the next 4-5 years will be hard to watch. We don't deserve discussion on this thread until we win some games. 

A+++++++++++++++++

On 5/10/2019 at 9:59 AM, PeabodyPride said:

Agreed it was tough sledding for them to get there last year!! I believe it is what made them a hard nosed beast of a team they where !!

The regular season schedule last year did that before the playoffs. I think that the reason for the easier schedule. Going to the championship is why TC only has 9 games right now and only teams that would agree to play TC was 6A champion Oakland and Germantown.

Update on the top 10 as I see it after spring practice and scrimmages!!!

1. Peabody 

2.Peabody Black

3. Peabody Gold

4. T.C.

5. Meigs

6. Tyner 

7. Union City 

8. Fairley 

9. Watertown

10. Waverly

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

1. Peabody 

2.Peabody Black

3. Peabody Gold

4. T.C.

5. Meigs

6. Tyner 

7. Union City 

8. Fairley 

9. Watertown

10. Waverly

I’d say that’s a pretty good poll. Especially considering the weakness of some schedules. 

47 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

1. Peabody 

2.Peabody Black

3. Peabody Gold

4. T.C.

5. Meigs

6. Tyner 

7. Union City 

8. Fairley 

9. Watertown

10. Waverly

I honestly couldnt disagree !! The Black and Gold scrimmage was shocking  to say the  least Hallbrook is almost as good at QB as Cooper and we now have 4 backs that could start on any team !!! Line depth is big and fast I would say 5 lineman knocking on 300 lbs and not flabby at that !!! When this Senior class graduates we will have very little drop of in talent at that !!!! TC always reloads and are always a threat,Meigs has the talent to be a threat but I feel with all due respect you will see a large gap in 1 amd 2 this year, but alot can and always does happen

Roll Golden Tide

Gold ball aspirations

B2B

Edited by Goldentidefanatic
  • Upvote 1

On 5/9/2019 at 11:46 AM, PeabodyPride said:

Sorry when you win people talk !!!! But I digress.. We here in Trenton ain't got much we poor folk boss !!! We talk Football and our youngan!!! That being said How are yall looking thos year !! Yall always have the athletes but cant seem to get the boys motivated. 

Um it goes sorry not sorry pops !!!!

On 5/13/2019 at 11:42 AM, Imthayeti said:

Discussions are what makes it fun. If you think your team may make a decent playoff run why not talk about it. 

The discussion is only second to the live game !!! I have a absolute blast with the back and forth !! I have met a ton of cool folk from on here also hope to met you all sooner or later !!!! Yeti who's the line play coming together over there in Meigs Footbal Country !!! And any fan worth their salt and jock strap should rep their team at all cost !!!!

3 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

The discussion is only second to the live game !!! I have a absolute blast with the back and forth !! I have met a ton of cool folk from on here also hope to met you all sooner or later !!!! Yeti who's the line play coming together over there in Meigs Footbal Country !!! And any fan worth their salt and jock strap should rep their team at all cost !!!!

I've not got to see them yet. I work so far away never get to see them before a scrimmage or jamboree normally. I was told we will be pretty decent this year. Greenback, South Pitt, and possibly Oneida could all give us  loss this year from what I've been told. Our schedule is a pretty challenging one this year. We also play 5A Clinton most likely also will be a challenge for us. I'll send you a message when I see them play.