Maryville vs DB... most players in the NFL?

blazer1set

Not sure of the total, but there are two current players, Daniel Kilgore and Coty Sensabaugh, and Gerald Sensabaugh retired just a a few years ago.  Then there's Mike Fulkerson (later changed his last name to Dulaney), Hal Miller, the Cifers brothers, and seems like another one or two I'm missing.  I think one of the Cifers held the NFL record for longest punt for a while.

3 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Danny Sanders, Stan Fritts, Mike Caldwell, Bobby Richards, Jerry Colquitt, Jason McAddley, Bob Winkel, Richard Howard, and hopefully Tee Higgins barring any major future injury@ Clemson players who have played or been drafted in the NFL for OR.

Danny Sanders was drafted by the Jets, but never played in an NFL game. He did play 2 seasons in the CFL.

Good guy, I see him quite often.  Runs his own contracting business and is doing very well.  

5 minutes ago, HTV said:

Danny Sanders was drafted by the Jets, but never played in an NFL game. He did play 2 seasons in the CFL.

Good guy, I see him quite often.  Runs his own contracting business and is doing very well.  

Correct. Actually, Colquitt was drafted by Carolina in the 6th round but never played either. The thing about Danny is my dad said he wasn't even that big of a star when he played for OR. Still, quite an accomplishment just to be drafted.

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Correct. Actually, Colquitt was drafted by Carolina in the 6th round but never played either. The thing about Danny is my dad said he wasn't even that big of a star when he played for OR. Still, quite an accomplishment just to be drafted.

Don't disagree, but the draft was much different back then from what it is now.  

Back in those days it was 14 rounds.  Danny was taken in the 11th round.

Now the draft is only 7 round long, so anybody drafted in the 8th or later back then would have been an undrafted free agent signee.