Maryville vs DB... most players in the NFL?

blazer1set

24 minutes ago, HTV said:

Don't disagree, but the draft was much different back then from what it is now.  

Back in those days it was 14 rounds.  Danny was taken in the 11th round.

Now the draft is only 7 round long, so anybody drafted in the 8th or later back then would have been an undrafted free agent signee.  

Correct 

On 2/27/2019 at 12:38 PM, AllRegion said:

For some reason I think this is a dig at DB, not Maryville

Being from Chattanooga area, I’d say it’s a huge compliment to the Maryville program. 

I always marvel at how they get so much out of their teams with relatively few ‘blue-chippers’ (or as the younger people would say - 4 & 5 stars). 

A highly respected program for sure. 

On 3/2/2019 at 12:28 PM, OleMary said:

Oak Ridge....

Another mythical Championship for you too!

Congratulations.

Thanks, bud! We need as many as we can get! 28 years is a long time without a championship! Let some of us others revel in our achievements for once! :)  On a serious note though, for a town the size of OR (appx 26,000 people give or take) to have 8 and possibly 9 NFL players in our programs history since 1943 (if Tee makes it also) is a pretty big accomplishment and something to be proud of. 

Edited by SweetScience

6 hours ago, SweetScience said:

On a serious note though, for a town the size of OR (appx 26,000 people give or take) to have 8 and possibly 9 NFL players in our programs history since 1943 (if Tee makes it also) is a pretty big accomplishment and something to be proud of. 

Now let's look at Alcoa at 10,228.

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

*Lynn Swann

10 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I don't think he ever played for Alcoa though. I think his family moved to CA when he was a small child (2 years old to be exact ha), but I may be wrong...

That's why there is an asterisk. 

I was a big Steelers fan when I was a kid, and a big Swann fan. My mom looks at me one day and says, "Oh, I know his grandmother". Why didn't I have that information sooner...

Edited by Red Rebels