Southside vs Westview Rd 2

biggz1517

On 2/25/2019 at 10:03 PM, SuperFan14A said:

SS could win the game, but if I were a betting man I'd take 13 points and WV. I believe WV will get SS by 3. It'll be interesting to see if WV tries to run them out of the gym again or play half court defense and offense. Either way, I believe this game comes down to the last couple of possessions. Should be a barn burner for sure. 

I finally called one to the exact margin. OT and WV played half court defense, instead of running. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

Here's my take and I don't want to offend many, but I probably will. I hope the Miller girl will be ok and I hated to see her go down and if she stays in..... SS probably wins. With that being said and I don't usually get in to all of this, but that was by far the worst officiated game I've witnessed in years. Even though Westview won that game, they were playing 8 tonight for 4 quarters.  25 or 26 fouls? to 7 fouls. 24 free throw attempts to 6 or 7 free throw attempts. SS is a great team, but in the bathroom at halftime I even talked with some SS fans and they were complaining that they weren't ahead with the "help" they got in the first half. If the officials don't keep SS in that game, WV would've won by at least 15. If the tournament administrators turn that film in to TSSAA, that crew wouldn't call another Region championship in 7AA. I think SS will beat Covington and Tresou (#2) almost beat WV by herself tonight. She is a player and if she wanted to score more, we'd recognize her name as well as we do Miller's. Congrats to WV on another tourney win. Your team seems to get better every year and that defense is stifling.  2 great teams and bad officiating. I don't even complain against officials in our losses and I tend to defend them, but not tonight. Absoulutely horrendous. Ok, I'm off my rant now. Good luck to both WV and SS going forward.

I couldn’t agree with this post more! Wow!! I don’t complain about it either but that was beyond terrible! The woman ref would have gotten the MVP if Southside had won that game!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sportslover88 said:

I couldn’t agree with this post more! Wow!! I don’t complain about it either but that was beyond terrible! The woman ref would have gotten the MVP if Southside had won that game!!

It was so obvious....and I agree with that last statement. If that crew has to answer to an officiating supervisor, I don't see how they justify their take on all of those calls,walks. Thankfully, we'll be getting an "out of" Memphis crew this Saturday night. This kind of game makes us appreciate our local refs a little more. They don't usually effect the outcome of games...to that extent. lol. If that would've been an NBA game, there would be an investigation. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperFan14A said:

It was so obvious....and I agree with that last statement. If that crew has to answer to an officiating supervisor, I don't see how they justify their take on all of those calls,walks. Thankfully, we'll be getting an "out of" Memphis crew this Saturday night. This kind of game makes us appreciate our local refs a little more. They don't usually effect the outcome of games...to that extent. lol. If that would've been an NBA game, there would be an investigation. lol

I can't agree totally... It seemed as if quarters 1-3 favored WV. As a netural fan, the refs missed several foul calls on WV. It was said that there was 25-26 foul calls on WV to SS 7... SS plays tough and tight defense but they really don't often foul. WV's coach teaches to keep a hand on the back of the opponents. There were a couple obvious pushes that should've been called. The big 7' 400lb girl from WV fouls all the time! She did in the game Monday night as well. They don't call that on her though. A couple girls from WV travels Everytime they touch the ball. 

Now, the refs did favor SS in the 4th but I felt as if they deserved a little. It was overall a great game to me. Both coaches coached great. If SS hadn't have lost Miller, they would've smashed WV imo... She's worthy of 25-40 pts any given night! Prayers for her and best wishes to both teams!

2 hours ago, SuperFan14A said:

I finally called one to the exact margin. OT and WV played half court defense, instead of running. 

Great game! It should have never went into OT! We had freshman that made freshman mistakes tonight! We had one player(Transou) #2 step up when our star player(Miller) goes down in the first quarter! With Miller we win by at least 8-10! I know injuries happen it’s part of the game! As far as the refs it was called fair! They missed calls both ways! I think the Memphis refs are much better than the local refs in West Tn(by far) IMO both will still head to Murfreesboro! As a South Side fan I pray Miller will be ok, but it looks serious! Great win Westview & congratulations on 7th trip in a row to Murfreesboro! 

Edited by Tez2319

45 minutes ago, Tez2319 said:

Great game! It should have never went into OT! We had freshman that made freshman mistakes tonight! We had one player(Transou) #2 step up when our star player(Miller) goes down in the first quarter! With Miller we win by at least 8-10! I know injuries happen it’s part of the game! As far as the refs it was called fair! They missed calls both ways! I think the Memphis refs are much better than the local refs in West Tn(by far) IMO both will still head to Murfreesboro! As a South Side fan I pray Miller will be ok, but it looks serious! Great win Westview & congratulations on 7th trip in a row to Murfreesboro! 

Come on man, you really think the game was called fair if the foul separation was 20+? I don’t believe Memphis refs are better than the refs in West Tennessee. Yes, some refs are better than others, but as a whole association, I’ll take West Tennessee refs over Memphis refs in basketball, and definitely football.

4 hours ago, Tez2319 said:

Miller wouldn’t have made much of a difference in that game. Snowbirding works on some teams, not all. WV was the better team from the jump, the refs just kept it close. 

1 hour ago, Rhino1 said:

Miller wouldn’t have made much of a difference in that game. Snowbirding works on some teams, not all. WV was the better team from the jump, the refs just kept it close. 

Its not snowbirding when you steal the ball and beat people down the floor. Snowbirding is not coming past half court. They force people to turn the ball over then our run them. She would have had at least 20. Transou had what seemed like about 30 on what people call a stifling defense that WV plays. 

5 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Its not snowbirding when you steal the ball and beat people down the floor. Snowbirding is not coming past half court. They force people to turn the ball over then our run them. She would have had at least 20. Transou had what seemed like about 30 on what people call a stifling defense that WV plays. 

But if Miller was in then Transou wouldn’t have had the game that she did. She had to step up to make up for Miller being out. Based on the times I saw them play this year, when they are in together, Transou just sits back and lets Miller do her thing but when Miller is out then Transou shows what she is made of. She is a heck of a player no doubt and would be the superstar of a team if Miller wasn’t on the same team with her

5 minutes ago, RealisticFan45 said:

Snowbirding is hanging back around the half court line, not playing defense like I’ve seen her do plenty of games. Millers size and attitude is what’s gonna keep her from going major d1. Juco at best.

On 2/25/2019 at 10:03 PM, SuperFan14A said:

SS could win the game, but if I were a betting man I'd take 13 points and WV. I believe WV will get SS by 3. It'll be interesting to see if WV tries to run them out of the gym again or play half court defense and offense. Either way, I believe this game comes down to the last couple of possessions. Should be a barn burner for sure. 

Superfan,  you are a genius!!!

6 hours ago, biggz1517 said:

I can't agree totally... It seemed as if quarters 1-3 favored WV. As a netural fan, the refs missed several foul calls on WV. It was said that there was 25-26 foul calls on WV to SS 7... SS plays tough and tight defense but they really don't often foul. WV's coach teaches to keep a hand on the back of the opponents. There were a couple obvious pushes that should've been called. The big 7' 400lb girl from WV fouls all the time! She did in the game Monday night as well. They don't call that on her though. A couple girls from WV travels Everytime they touch the ball. 

Now, the refs did favor SS in the 4th but I felt as if they deserved a little. It was overall a great game to me. Both coaches coached great. If SS hadn't have lost Miller, they would've smashed WV imo... She's worthy of 25-40 pts any given night! Prayers for her and best wishes to both teams!

I hope you feel better about yourself now that you have made fun of a girl in high school by calling her 7’ and 400 lbs! She is a heck of an athlete who has had to overcome a lot in her life!! 

As far as SS smashing Westview with Miller, I highly doubt it. Didn’t they beat them by 30 earlier in season with her? Transou doesn’t have the game she had if Miller is in so they would of cancelled each other out. 

Good luck to both teams for the rest of the journey!