Southside vs Westview Rd 2

biggz1517

6 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Come on man, you really think the game was called fair if the foul separation was 20+? I don’t believe Memphis refs are better than the refs in West Tennessee. Yes, some refs are better than others, but as a whole association, I’ll take West Tennessee refs over Memphis refs in basketball, and definitely football.

I disagree! 

7 hours ago, Tez2319 said:

Great game! It should have never went into OT! We had freshman that made freshman mistakes tonight! We had one player(Transou) #2 step up when our star player(Miller) goes down in the first quarter! With Miller we win by at least 8-10! I know injuries happen it’s part of the game! As far as the refs it was called fair! They missed calls both ways! I think the Memphis refs are much better than the local refs in West Tn(by far) IMO both will still head to Murfreesboro! As a South Side fan I pray Miller will be ok, but it looks serious! Great win Westview & congratulations on 7th trip in a row to Murfreesboro! 

Tez you're right. If those refs don't keep SS in that game, it's over in the early 4th. I back Gibson County first, but that was an absolutely terribly officiated game. Your niece is a player and you, your family, and SS should be very proud. I didn't realize how good she really was until last night.

Here's what I've noticed about the Memphis Refs during this tournament...@Dyersburg and @ UTM. They tend to "play" to the crowd instead of the game. And last night, they (the Refs) were playing to the crowd. 

I hope you guys win Saturday night and I'll be pulling for you. But I'm going to call like it like I see it, especially when I don't have a dog in that hunt. 

30 minutes ago, BullShark said:

Superfan,  you are a genius!!!

Your are correct.....IQ of 132. With that being said, I just observed Westview for the last 15 years and know a lot of their players through Gibosn County games, AAU & recruiting. If that game would've been officiaited "neurtrally", I'd been off about 12. WV would've beat them by 15. It was a lucky guess on my part on that one. I was actually making that prediction with Miller in the game.  

The officiating was pretty awful in last night's game.... the lady official also reff'd the Crockett Co./McNairy region tournament game and was awful then. I've seen her reffing down at some of the games down in Memphis and she's awful there too.

It was a fun game to watch for sure - big time atmosphere with different players stepping up in different situations. Transou was huge for South Side. Westview had several players that played really well also. I'm hoping to see both of these teams in Murfreesboro next week!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, biggz1517 said:

I can't agree totally... It seemed as if quarters 1-3 favored WV. As a netural fan, the refs missed several foul calls on WV. It was said that there was 25-26 foul calls on WV to SS 7... SS plays tough and tight defense but they really don't often foul. WV's coach teaches to keep a hand on the back of the opponents. There were a couple obvious pushes that should've been called. The big 7' 400lb girl from WV fouls all the time! She did in the game Monday night as well. They don't call that on her though. A couple girls from WV travels Everytime they touch the ball. 

Now, the refs did favor SS in the 4th but I felt as if they deserved a little. It was overall a great game to me. Both coaches coached great. If SS hadn't have lost Miller, they would've smashed WV imo... She's worthy of 25-40 pts any given night! Prayers for her and best wishes to both teams!

You say "as a netural (neutral) fan..." but your bitterness by calling out a teenager would say otherwise.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dmm88 said:

Hey @Salami what does Covington like to do??? I know #3 Howard is solid, and #12 Taylor is too. And the posts aren't bad. I assume from past Covington teams, they are gonna try to play inside-outside. And with zone and press. Or am I wrong???

They will press and they can shot zone defense and a good bench