Head Coach Openings

BigOrangeBaller

8 minutes ago, 99Guy said:

Have heard things are rough at Riverdale and Coach looking hard to leave. With the new opening at Oakland does she go there or which way does Oaklmad look???

This district has tons of change.  I am not a middle TN person so what is the potential for transfers in that district?

From The Messenger Facebook page. 

SPORTS NEWS — Obion County Central High School has its two basketball coaches. RALPH TURNER  has been hired as the new BOYS’ coach, while CHAD LEVISTER has been tabbed as the GIRLS’ coach. Athletic director Craig Rogers confirmed the two hires to The Messenger this afternoon. Turner comes back to West Tennessee after serving as the men’s head coach at Colorado State-Pueblo since 2011. He was previously the boys’ head coach at Ripley, the men’s head coach at Union University in Jackson and an assistant men’s coach at Lipscomb University in Nashville. Levister comes to Troy from Greenfield, where he most recently served as the boys’ high school and middle school head coach and an assistant coach for the girls’ prep team. As a girls’ basketball assistant coach at Greenfield and Westview, Levister has been a part of five state tournament teams. The Messenger will have full details in Monday’s edition.

8 hours ago, allabouttheO said:

Parent (s) couldn't run it if the coach does not allow it.

Most of the time I would agree with you, but you have to remember that they have great athletes there, but seem to have even bigger attitudes. And its not just the kids, their parents are just as bad from what I have heard. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, allabouttheO said:

Parent (s) couldn't run it if the coach does not allow it.

From what I heard, the parents complain even if they win because their kid didn't get enough shots. That cannot be fun to coach.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ecu said:

From what I heard, the parents complain even if they win because their kid didn't get enough shots. That cannot be fun to coach.

I really think that parents would rather their kid start and play on a team that doesn't win a game in the entire season than to have their kid play a role and go undefeated. Sad.

6 hours ago, ecu said:

I'm sure that would not be fun to coach but what job is fun everyday? Got to take the good with the bad because you can not please everybody. I still believe a coach should be in control of the program. No matter who complains..quits..etc...if the coach is up front about what will be allowed and sticks with their guns even if it means having to sit a good player out a game or two then so be it. Always another side to the story though...wonder if any players are trying to get out and hard as the poster says the coach is??? Interesting...

Any coach that is familiar with Rutherford County girls basketball, and in this case, Riverdale, knows what they're getting themselves into. It is one of the most competitive areas of the country when it comes to girls basketball. If rumors are true, I'm assuming she thought she'd win a state championship last year, and be on her way.

On 5/7/2019 at 10:34 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

I really think that parents would rather their kid start and play on a team that doesn't win a game in the entire season than to have their kid play a role and go undefeated. Sad.

Sad but true. A lot of parents are indeed that way.