Region 4AA

UpperCumberlandMan931

Maybe someone who understands basketball better than me can help explain something. Upperman got the ball with a minute to go in the second quarter, down 4.  My thought would be to try and score, get a stop, try to score again and go in no worse than tied. Instead, they worked the clock all the way down and shot an off balance 20 footer at the buzzer. Obviously not a coach here, so just curious about the strategy. 

18 hours ago, YorkPride21 said:

Watertown beats LA 60-50

York and Watertown will square off in the Region Championship Thursday night at 7:00 at CCHS! 

Brainerd vs Howard for Region 3AA Championship 7pm(et) at Signal Mountain High school!

Winners vs Losers on Monday night Mar.4th !

How will it play out?? Home teams are favored but can a road team pull the upset??

Edited by TynerRamFan

On 2/26/2019 at 9:27 PM, VictoryFormation said:

Maybe someone who understands basketball better than me can help explain something. Upperman got the ball with a minute to go in the second quarter, down 4.  My thought would be to try and score, get a stop, try to score again and go in no worse than tied. Instead, they worked the clock all the way down and shot an off balance 20 footer at the buzzer. Obviously not a coach here, so just curious about the strategy. 

Pretty much just having the last shot. They may have felt even if they scored early that they couldn’t stop York and York would score again. But if they hold for that last shot they could go in at half either down 1 or 2 points if they make the shot. If they shoot early and miss that gives York a chance to hold the ball and increase its lead even more than it would have been if they had just held it. 

20 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

Brainerd vs Howard for Region 3AA Championship 7pm(et) at Signal Mountain High school!

Winners vs Losers on Monday night Mar.4th !

How will it play out?? Home teams are favored but can a road team pull the upset??

That should be a great game. Will be interesting to see what the final to that one will be. 

Don’t really know much about the two teams but I do know they are pretty good. York had to travel to Brainerd in a Sub State game just 2-3 years ago. 

6 hours ago, YorkPride21 said:

That should be a great game. Will be interesting to see what the final to that one will be. 

Don’t really know much about the two teams but I do know they are pretty good. York had to travel to Brainerd in a Sub State game just 2-3 years ago. 

Brainerd will be at home and Howard on the road. So far the 4AA game is at halftime with York leading (I think). 

7 hours ago, YorkPride21 said:

Looks like York is heading to Brainerd on Monday.

Howard going to Watertown. (toss-up)

Brainerd wins.