Summertown v Loretto Round 5... Who you got?

BullShark

I think GC is one of the best teams in the state, but what worries me about them is that there is not that one "go to player" when the going gets tough like Greenfield has with Moore and Darby.  That was the difference in the championship game.  In the state tourney and substate games, you need a player that can settle everyone down and take over if they have to, IMO. I may be wrong because there are always 5 really good players on the floor for GC and any one may step up.  But I like Moore and Darby as leaders for Greenfield.  Like someone said, they are "as cool as the other side of the pillow." 

20 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Never know how these things are going to draw out. Clarkrange and Clay County are good teams. Clarkrange I know will be tough. Greenfield or any other team not necessarily guaranteed to beat either, IMO if they draw in the first round. GC shot the ball as poorly as they have all year in UTM and they had some great looks at times. We all knew they would because every other team has. Let's not forget that Greenfield had a major advantage playing their in the Disrict Tounament. Greenfield finally played a decent game there after there forth try. You guys are making out like the other teams in the tournament not named Greenfield just ought not show up.

You are wrong in saying " You guys are making out like the other teams in the tournament not named Greenfield just ought not show up." and including me in you guys. I do not think that, and haven't. You or Greenfield should be the favorites to win the Gold, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't show up. Loretto has some injuries as does other teams. I have always been a fan of your team.

34 minutes ago, wingman10 said:

You are wrong in saying " You guys are making out like the other teams in the tournament not named Greenfield just ought not show up." and including me in you guys. I do not think that, and haven't. You or Greenfield should be the favorites to win the Gold, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't show up. Loretto has some injuries as does other teams. I have always been a fan of your team.

I appreciate that. We hadn't got there yet. I watched Memphis Business last night. They are every bit as athletic as Trenton. I just seen some posts where Summertown or Loretta one of the two would get knocked out by Greenfield. I do think Clarkrange is as good as any team in the state. If every one gets out of sub-state it should be a very competitive tournament.

1 hour ago, BullShark said:

I think GC is one of the best teams in the state, but what worries me about them is that there is not that one "go to player" when the going gets tough like Greenfield has with Moore and Darby.  That was the difference in the championship game.  In the state tourney and substate games, you need a player that can settle everyone down and take over if they have to, IMO. I may be wrong because there are always 5 really good players on the floor for GC and any one may step up.  But I like Moore and Darby as leaders for Greenfield.  Like someone said, they are "as cool as the other side of the pillow." 

When we got down 14-0 early, I thought we settled in but it was too late and we couldn't recover. We shot the ball terrible both nights at UTM. We cut it to three and they sensed the run and froze the ball and it worked with three minutes left. I thought that our best defender being on the bench a lot of the game in foul trouble didn't help. But I agree with you on Moore and Darby. They are beasts and deserve all the recognition they get. You going to Memphis Saturday Night? I watched Memphis teams last night and they are a good team no doubt. Neither team pressed and both teams had several TO's. I am hoping our press will create major problems for them because team we are playing can shoot the lights out if not contested.

22 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

When we got down 14-0 early, I thought we settled in but it was too late and we couldn't recover. We shot the ball terrible both nights at UTM. We cut it to three and they sensed the run and froze the ball and it worked with three minutes left. I thought that our best defender being on the bench a lot of the game in foul trouble didn't help. But I agree with you on Moore and Darby. They are beasts and deserve all the recognition they get. You going to Memphis Saturday Night? I watched Memphis teams last night and they are a good team no doubt. Neither team pressed and both teams had several TO's. I am hoping our press will create major problems for them because team we are playing can shoot the lights out if not contested.

I will be there.  If they don't press with the athleticism they have, I think you guys win no problem.  GC is disciplined enough to work the ball around and get good shots.  GC by 8.

Go Loretto and Summertown!

13 minutes ago, BullShark said:

I will be there.  If they don't press with the athleticism they have, I think you guys win no problem.  GC is disciplined enough to work the ball around and get good shots.  GC by 8.

Go Loretto and Summertown!

Have you watched them this year? I want it to be a track meet. They turned the ball over often with neither team pressing both teams. I feel our pressure could cause some problems. Game is at Kirby High School.

Edited by pioneer42

On 3/1/2019 at 7:08 AM, pioneer42 said:

Have you watched them this year? I want it to be a track meet. They turned the ball over often with neither team pressing both teams. I feel our pressure could cause some problems. Game is at Kirby High School.

Yes.  A track meet would benefit GC, however I haven't seen GC get into many track meets.  IMO, that is the way GC should play every game, but then again, I am a fan not a coach. lol