Macon vs. Meigs

tssaafan

I watched the Macon/Upperman game last week, Macon looked to be really good, both teams looked to be around the same size, both are led by really good guards, Meigs shoots the 3 very well. Macon shot the ball good in the game I watched. It could be good luck for Macon if they win because the last two years Meigs has lost in substate and both teams have went on to win state. Upperman and South Greene 

Does Meigs have a large fan base.  Just wondering what kind of crowd they will bring Saturday night.  If you are waiting to eat until you get to Macon, we have a few fast food places and a good BBQ place right before you get to the school on Hwy 52.  Bring cash, they don't do debit or credit cards.

35 minutes ago, tssaafan said:

Does Meigs have a large fan base.  Just wondering what kind of crowd they will bring Saturday night.  If you are waiting to eat until you get to Macon, we have a few fast food places and a good BBQ place right before you get to the school on Hwy 52.  Bring cash, they don't do debit or credit cards.

Meigs has a large, faithful following in most sports including girls basketball.   

2 hours ago, tssaafan said:

Yes, and the community loves their tigers.  It will be a packed house!!!

Looking forward to Saturday night. Both teams are the top two teams in AA and one unfortunately has to go home. Me being a little biased, I feel like Macon is the favorite considering they are gonna be playing in Nera White which is hard to win in with the student section being a great as it is and they hard playing their best ball at the right time. Meigs is very capable of winning in Nera White but I don’t know if they’ve played in an environment they are about to play in. Hope for safe travels for Meigs County and good luck!

1 hour ago, MCFAN3 said:

Looking forward to Saturday night. Both teams are the top two teams in AA and one unfortunately has to go home. Me being a little biased, I feel like Macon is the favorite considering they are gonna be playing in Nera White which is hard to win in with the student section being a great as it is and they hard playing their best ball at the right time. Meigs is very capable of winning in Nera White but I don’t know if they’ve played in an environment they are about to play in. Hope for safe travels for Meigs County and good luck!

I agree Saturday is going to be a battle. I’ve been watching some videos of Macon, and those two teams are almost alike IMO. And as far as environment I would say Macon is a lot like Meigs and Central, small town schools were the whole town comes to the game. Meigs usually has more fans at home or on the road then there opponent. Macon will be the favorite playing at home. I think this will be a fast pass game because Meigs will pressure the ball the whole game. I would say Macon will to, both teams handle the ball really good, both shut it well. Meigs will have 5 players on the floor at all times that can shoot the 3. They have had several games were 4 or 5 girls have been in double figures. I think the first quarter will determine a lot, if Macon jumps on them it could be a long night, if Meigs can battles through the jitters, I would say it’s going to be a good one.

28 minutes ago, Dadof2 said:

I agree Saturday is going to be a battle. I’ve been watching some videos of Macon, and those two teams are almost alike IMO. And as far as environment I would say Macon is a lot like Meigs and Central, small town schools were the whole town comes to the game. Meigs usually has more fans at home or on the road then there opponent. Macon will be the favorite playing at home. I think this will be a fast pass game because Meigs will pressure the ball the whole game. I would say Macon will to, both teams handle the ball really good, both shut it well. Meigs will have 5 players on the floor at all times that can shoot the 3. They have had several games were 4 or 5 girls have been in double figures. I think the first quarter will determine a lot, if Macon jumps on them it could be a long night, if Meigs can battles through the jitters, I would say it’s going to be a good one.

Macon has tended to play slow in the first half for some reason most of the season except for the past few games during the tournaments. I would love to see a great game since these two are the top teams according to the Tennessean which I hate to see one go home. Macon plays a lot better at home, which will make it tougher for Meigs. They seem to be able to make the three better and play a good game all around. 

I just can’t wait for Meigs to see the student section for Macon. It’s one of the best ones I’ve seen in a long time. They bring it every game and helps our girls a lot.