Macon vs. Meigs

tssaafan

4 minutes ago, ButwhatdoIknow said:

Not sure Meigs has seen the speed MC has so far fasr far this year. Should end up being a comfortable win for MC. Will say Meigs is coached really well, and they know how to play. Very impressed with their style and smarts. Just don't have the horses for this race. 

Meigs is a very young team with no Seniors starting, and exceeded my expectations this season.  I thought going on the road to Macon would be too big of a mountain for the runnerup of Region 3AA. 
Region 4AA runnerup Dekalb beat McMinn Central 44-42 in a very good game.

Macon pretty much controlled the whole game and at one time macon had a 24 point lead and missed 7or 8 lay-ups. Meigs played hard the whole game and never gave up in a very hostile environment and will be a great team again next year and on a side note their point guard is quicker than a bee stung jackrabbit. Great job macon ,now let's get the gold!

Edited by mofojoe

11 hours ago, blitzinbuc said:

Meigs is a very young team with no Seniors starting, and exceeded my expectations this season.  I thought going on the road to Macon would be too big of a mountain for the runnerup of Region 3AA. 
Region 4AA runnerup Dekalb beat McMinn Central 44-42 in a very good game.

no seniors on Macon either. 

Meigs played hard but to beat Macon on there home floor they had to play perfect. The Macon coach did a really good job by pulling the press off at time. Both teams had a few turnovers but both teams have really good PGs, and Meigs stayed in it and Macon shot a lot of layups. Meigs is good enough to beat Macon but not in that investment on their home court. I was impressed by the support that Macon had their. Meigs should have taken care of business and I believe they would be going next week to Glass house. Congratulations to Macon and I believe they win it all.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, mrbasketball said:

I was at the game and it just seemed like after half time the Meigs coach did not care if his team won the game or not.  Also, I think it was #23 for Meigs that seemed to be a player but hardly played the second half.  Just wondered if she got hurt or coach was not pleased with her in some way

No she didn’t get hurt. She’s the best offensive player on the team. Meigs has a lot of talent but you ask any fan, the coach will quit if they get behind, he struggles to make end game changes. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

No she didn’t get hurt. She’s the best offensive player on the team. Meigs has a lot of talent but you ask any fan, the coach will quit if they get behind, he struggles to make end game changes. 

Weren’t they trailing big to McMinn Central and came back on the 2nd half to send it into OT?

Funny statement from Larry White. He said that he’s played the #1 ranked team in the State twice this year (Upperman then Meigs) and beaten them by double digits both times.

Edited by Khall555

35 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Weren’t they trailing big to McMinn Central and came back on the 2nd half to send it into OT?

Funny statement from Larry White. He said that he’s played the #1 ranked team in the State twice this year (Upperman then Meigs) and beaten them by double digits both times.

Yes they were down 24-8 in the first half, they battled back and he started coaching again.

Macon and Oak Ridge are the best two teams we have played this year. Macon IMO is the best team in AA.