Macon vs. Meigs

tssaafan

1 hour ago, Khall555 said:

Weren’t they trailing big to McMinn Central and came back on the 2nd half to send it into OT?

Funny statement from Larry White. He said that he’s played the #1 ranked team in the State twice this year (Upperman then Meigs) and beaten them by double digits both times.

Good old Larry Legend. He got beat by the current rank best 1a team CRange…..only played 6 girls in that game and they tired out. I think these last few weeks him getting his regular 6 man, plus two more involved has helped. 8 player rotation is about perfect  and keeps the best five fresh and out of foul trouble for the 4th quarter. 

20 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Good old Larry Legend. He got beat by the current rank best 1a team CRange…..only played 6 girls in that game and they tired out. I think these last few weeks him getting his regular 6 man, plus two more involved has helped. 8 player rotation is about perfect  and keeps the best five fresh and out of foul trouble for the 4th quarter. 

By 3 points on opening night. 

Stone also played there and lost. But unlike Macon they played CRange twice and blew them out. I don’t see CRange going to Macon or on a Neutral court and winning.

6 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

By 3 points on opening night. 

Stone also played there and lost. But unlike Macon they played CRange twice and blew them out. I don’t see CRange going to Macon or on a Neutral court and winning.

I don't either but the bigger point was MC lost there steam in that game and tired out. Larry was only playing 6 girls, unless a blowout, earlier in the season. Now that he is willing to go 8 deep we have seen improvements. 

3 hours ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Getting beat that night was one of the best things to happen to this team. I was told by a very reliable source after the lose the next practice coach had to slow them down. What a group of players to step it up and want to do something more about getting beat and if they played them 10 more times this year macon would beat the brakes off them but they didn't that night. And after the upperman lose the coach made some changes for the better. Sometimes u have to do bad to get better and this team has done exactly that.

It looked like Meigs' coach threw in the towel at the end of the third quarter. He sat his leading scorer and one of his better defenders the whole fourth quarter. Meanwhile Macon had their best on the court until she fouled out late in the fourth (Carter). When you win 22 games in a row it is hard to know what to do when you are actually losing I guess. 

23 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

No she didn’t get hurt. She’s the best offensive player on the team. Meigs has a lot of talent but you ask any fan, the coach will quit if they get behind, he struggles to make end game changes. 

I don't understand it but I've seen him do that several times over the years.

Edited by blitzinbuc

56 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

I don't understand it but I've seen him do that several times over the years.

Not sure what was happening on the bench, but according to one of the post -Macon left their people in late and yet the box score indicates that Meigs tied Macon in the last quarter so maybe the coach was putting in the people who want to play. Maybe it is the player that quits when she is behind and the coach trying to send a message when she does.  Please do not take this the wrong way, just had an opinion based on the information available.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, housing said:

Not sure what was happening on the bench, but according to one of the post -Macon left their people in late and yet the box score indicates that Meigs tied Macon in the last quarter so maybe the coach was putting in the people who want to play. Maybe it is the player that quits when she is behind and the coach trying to send a message when she does.  Please do not take this the wrong way, just had an opinion based on the information available.

I’ve not seen her quite any game this year, and I don’t know what was going on, but I do know one thing, if you want kids to play till the end you have to coach till the end. That’s all I’m saying and I will leave it at that.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mofojoe said:

Getting beat that night was one of the best things to happen to this team. I was told by a very reliable source after the lose the next practice coach had to slow them down. What a group of players to step it up and want to do something more about getting beat and if they played them 10 more times this year macon would beat the brakes off them but they didn't that night. And after the upperman lose the coach made some changes for the better. Sometimes u have to do bad to get better and this team has done exactly that.

Good post leave the coach alone please. 3 years in a row a trip to state. Im pretty sure no coach in macon has done this in any sport. He's got to b doing something right.

2 hours ago, housing said:

A kid that comes back from an ACL injury several weeks early even when she is not 100% is a kid that wants to play and does not give up. She was the district MVP as a sophomore last year and came off the bench for several games this season before she got her legs back under her from her surgery. Even with playing limited minutes for a big part of the year she ended up being the leading scorer, All-district, All-Region, and one of the best defenders they have.  That same girl scored 32 last year in the sub-state against Akira Levy and Upperman in the last game of the year after two of the seniors starters quit the team before the game. That same kid helped lead a comeback and force overtime with 19 second half points and several steals against McMinn Central in the region championship game when the team was getting hammered at halftime. 

I don't think any of the Meigs' girls could be considered quitters, but Kassidy Kenny is definitely not one.