McMinn Central vs. Dekalb Co.

logcabinman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GCPioneer said:

I saw Mcminn Central over the Christmas break.... definitely didn't expect that team to be hosting a sub-state game....

I agree with you there. They played perhaps their two best games of the year against Signal Mountain in the region semifinals and Meigs in the region championship. 

11 hours ago, logcabinman said:

I would say many would say they did not see Dekalb playing in a substate game either.  

Truth is, it took the Chargerettes a while to find themselves.  They were set to start the season with 4 seniors.  Unfortunately when one of them went down she was a tough one to replace.  A sophmore and freshman have stepped up a filled the role very well, but I feel if we had that senior, this team would be a lot stronger.  Depth would be there.  It is what it is though.  

Hope she’s healing well!

DeKalb must get off to a fast start, control the atmosphere. 

McMinn Central can not let #10 Brown get a open look, the girl is like Curry.

They can't let #32 Ferrell go Left, she's a righty thats a fantastic finisher on the left hand side. 

#21 Robinson off bench, a 3pt shooter only . Very deadly

#11 Colwell can be the Equalizer,  does a little of everything 

Just a quick rundown,  our girls will go to McMinn Central and win, we are better than them. 

13 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

They can't let #32 Ferrell go Left, she's a righty thats a fantastic finisher on the left hand side. 

Just a quick rundown,  our girls will go to McMinn Central and win, we are better than them. 

Dekalb will be hard to beat.

18 hours ago, Iceman2000 said:

5 hours ago, UncleG said:

Dekalb will be hard to beat.

I guess DeKalb doesn't have much of a chance. Sounds like they only have 3 players. I guess #12 and #4 don't contribute anything to the team. 

51 minutes ago, GoVols2019 said:

I guess DeKalb doesn't have much of a chance. Sounds like they only have 3 players. I guess #12 and #4 don't contribute anything to the team. 

#4 was key in our win over Cumberland. She picked their D apart, and was a big reason they called their press off before halftime. And #12 comes up big when we need her. Senior experience. We played a good half. Let’s just hope nerves don’t get the better of us.