McMinn Central vs. Dekalb Co.

logcabinman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, 85warrior said:

Congrats to DeKalb. They've not had much success in all of the years I've been watching them from here in neighboring White County. I don't feel anywhere near as bad now losing to a team that just made the State tourney. Haha. Good luck.

I’ve been posting on this site for a while now, and never thought we would be at this point so soon. Even if we go over there and get ran off the floor it’s a great experience for the returning players next year!

1 minute ago, dctiger said:

I’ve been posting on this site for a while now, and never thought we would be at this point so soon. Even if we go over there and get ran off the floor it’s a great experience for the returning players next year!

Great for your fans as well. Enjoy it. 

14 minutes ago, dctiger said:

I do not think they will not get ran off the floor, they have very good team.

15 minutes ago, dctiger said:

Get the little girl down to Murfreesboro!!!! 

3 hours ago, dctiger said:

Planning on it! I think my in-laws think I’m crazy. But it could be once in a lifetime!

Have fun, maybe have the in-laws do some baby sitting. 

Fun facts: DeKalb has won it’s last 3 elimination games by a grad total of 4 points. 

1 point win in OT at Cumberland

1 point win over Upperman

2 point win at McMinn Central

In the other game they got blown out by Macon. They also lost 2 games in the district Tournament and had they won the consolation game vs York they would have met Macon in an elimination game. 

Outside of the Smith Co game, DeKalb is -30 in point difference in 6 postseason games. Even with it they are -4.

Strange road to the State Tournament, since They are 4-3 in post season play. In elimination games they are 4-0 in the others 0-3.

They are gutting out wins when they need to in tough situations. The coach and Seniors deserve all kinds of credit for the leadership this team has.

Hopefully their game and Macon’s on Wednesday are back to back and the kids can get together again.

I have a strong feeling they win at least one game in the State Tournament.

The way people are talking we are getting matched up with a team from the East. Idk. I think we can play with SG after seeing their score against Gatlinburg. We will have to see. It’s the teams that feel like they have nothing to lose or that people say “aren’t supposed to be there” that often times play best. Like I said, either way I’m proud of them. And either way they get a banner of some sort in the gym and a little history for the 5v5 program. 

And the in-laws would LOVE to babysit but mom and baby are a single package right now so that’s not an option. What better first game than a state tournament game though??

Edited by dctiger

Congratulations to Dekalb.  That was the first substate game that I have been to that the officials didn't just take over the game.  Felt like we had our chances, but that is just how it goes.  This Central team fought through so much this year to make to where they did.  Coleman was missed this year and I hate it for her she had to miss her senior season.  Good luck to her at TWU.  Freshman had to grow up a lot this year which will help in the future.  M. Baker, C. Runyan, and A. Smith - will be missed, they have given us some great moments.  Finished last year with 5 juniors, looking like a 5 senior season to finishing the year with 3 seniors, 3 sophomores, and 5 Freshman, I would say this team performed well.  Great Job, Chargerettes, looking forward to the upcoming season.