West Sectionals (Regions 7 & 8)

kwc

The West Sectionals (Regions 7 & 8) are as follows:

Single A:

MAHS (19-9) at Humbolt (27-3)

Peabody (27-6) at Manassas (30-3)

Double A:

Mitchell (15-9) at Crockett County (21-12)

South Gibson (23-8) at Wooddale (29-4)

Triple A:

Whitehaven (23-7) at Bartlett (31-2)

Bolton (11-15) at East (22-8)

Who are you rolling with?

Edited by kwc

On 3/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, kwc said:

I'm rolling with Humbolt, Manassas, Mitchell, Wooddale, Bartlett, and East. (I might change the Bartlett pick to Whitehaven)

I went 5-1. The one I missed was my beloved Whitehaven. I should have trusted that coach Faragi Phillips would had his team ready. My bad coach. Humbolt barely beat MAHS in OT. Not bad.

3 hours ago, kwc said:

I went 5-1. The one I missed was my beloved Whitehaven. I should have trusted that coach Faragi Phillips would had his team ready. My bad coach. Humbolt barely beat MAHS in OT. Not bad.

I figured out of the two, Whitehaven had the better chance of beating Bartlett at Bartlett. We might get another Whitehaven vs East championship.

3 hours ago, terop said:

I figured out of the two, Whitehaven had the better chance of beating Bartlett at Bartlett. We might get another Whitehaven vs East championship.

We might at that. That would be awesome, as far as I'm concerned. The rest of the state might not think so, but I will be tickled pink if that happens.

That old saying rings true ... You have to be in it, to win it!

Edited by kwc

The Memhis area of schools will be well represented in the boys state championship playoffs this year. Two in AAA, two in AA, and one in A. All of you did well tonight. Congratulations! Now, go and FINISH!

Edited by kwc

Was out of the county since 3/1 and returned today. was sporadically checking the score of whitehaven and bartlett and saw it went as expected. Also saw alot of the uproar later that night over the foul by Dude against Matt, and the issue of the players taunting the student section afterward. I know for sure Dude isn't that kinda guy to maliciously hurt someone, especially someone like matt whom he's has frequently played against. I understand murrell got hurt on a similar unintended foul last year against East and wasnt able to finish the year so that may have been the only reason to doubt rather or not it was on purpose. I just think it comes with the territory of being a high flyer, people do not enjoy seeing you bring the house down on there floor. And i really cringe every time i see the foul happen on a high flyer. Great season by Bartlett and continue to 'respect the haven'. Good officiating and no terrible shooting nights from murrell like he did in the regions vs East, and I think we will get Whitehaven/East part 5. Two years in row, apologies Middle and East TN. And whitehaven is my early favorite next year.