Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Violet
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Sign in to follow this  
tonybologna

Class AA Sectional Matchups

Recommended Posts

Austin-East @ Greeneville
Johnson County @ Fulton
York Institute @ Brainerd
Howard @ Watertown
Murfreesboro Central Magnet @ Pearl-Cohn
East Nashville @ Nolensville
Mitchell @ Crockett County
South Gibson @ Wooddale

Here are my picks:

Quote

Austin-East @ Greeneville
Johnson County @ Fulton
York Institute @ Brainerd
Howard @ Watertown
Murfreesboro Central Magnet @ Pearl-Cohn
East Nashville @ Nolensville
Mitchell @ Crockett County
South Gibson @ Wooddale

 

Edited by tonybologna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know enough about BBall around the state to comment on the other schools but I feel like Crockett will win over Mitchell. 

 

I also feel like there could be a big upset brewing. South Gibson will certainly have its work cut out for them but they stand a good shot at giving Wooddale a game or sneaking out a victory. They have proven several times this year that they can play with and/or beat some of the best teams in the state. Should be a great game. 

 

I just hope that it is a clean game that is not so heavily influenced by the zebras. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

I dont know enough about BBall around the state to comment on the other schools but I feel like Crockett will win over Mitchell. 

 

I also feel like there could be a big upset brewing. South Gibson will certainly have its work cut out for them but they stand a good shot at giving Wooddale a game or sneaking out a victory. They have proven several times this year that they can play with and/or beat some of the best teams in the state. Should be a great game. 

 

I just hope that it is a clean game that is not so heavily influenced by the zebras. 

I think Wooddale wins against South Gibson in pretty convincing fashion. Wooddale to me with their talent is one of if not the favorites to win the state title in Class AA. If South Gibson plays their absolute best game they might make it a close game but I just don't see them beating Wooddale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tonybologna said:

Austin-East @ Greeneville
Johnson County @ Fulton
York Institute @ Brainerd
Howard @ Watertown
Murfreesboro Central Magnet @ Pearl-Cohn
East Nashville @ Nolensville
Mitchell @ Crockett County
South Gibson @ Wooddale

Here are my picks:

 

My picks !!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, midtnmale said:

I see you picked the "big city" school over the "county" schools. 

Yes I did..didn't realize it until you mentioned it ! I also split the "home" teams vice the "visiting" teams(4 to 4). I haven't done a study but I believe the home team wins the majority of the time. We will see on Monday night and good luck to all involved!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2019 at 9:36 AM, Bobcats83 said:

Region 7AA is tough but I don’t see either one of them winning.  Crockett might be close    SG game won’t be 

I don't think Crockett scores over 32 against Mitchell.  Crockett's only hope is to try to get out in transition with Hannah and try to put pressure on Mitchell's bigs. Otherwise Mitchell is gonna clamp down on Shelton and make it very difficult for them to run any offense. South Gibson has a shot, a very small one. Try to sit in a zone and force Wooddale to slow the game down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/3/2019 at 1:02 AM, TynerRamFan said:

Yes I did..didn't realize it until you mentioned it ! I also split the "home" teams vice the "visiting" teams(4 to 4). I haven't done a study but I believe the home team wins the majority of the time. We will see on Monday night and good luck to all involved!!

Tyner Ram Fan since you are in the same district who is tougher Brainerd or Howard. I figured Howard is a tougher team. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2019 at 9:55 PM, tonybologna said:

Austin-East @ Greeneville
Johnson County @ Fulton
York Institute @ Brainerd
Howard @ Watertown
Murfreesboro Central Magnet @ Pearl-Cohn
East Nashville @ Nolensville
Mitchell @ Crockett County
South Gibson @ Wooddale

Here are my picks:

 

Austin-East- If they get off to a good start it will be 20+

Fulton- by 20+

Brainerd- by 15+

Howard- I think this game will be closer than most think. 10

Pearl-Cohn- by 20

East Nashville- by 6

Mitchell- by 12

Wooddale- by 15

 IMO...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, daddymacvols said:

Tyner Ram Fan since you are in the same district who is tougher Brainerd or Howard. I figured Howard is a tougher team. Thanks

Just depends on what you mean by "tougher". Both have their advantages and shortcomings. Either team can cause you a problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Announcements



×
×
  • Create New...