Class AA Sectional Matchups

tonybologna

No regions have not been arranged by enrollment. Classifications yes but regions no. However, I think it was implied that District 10AA has been dominant over 9AA due to numbers. However, the numbers for enrollment were wrong. So my question is should the regions be rearranged just so for others reasons? My thinking is that a fan was frustrated because his school can't beat the metro teams. It is what it is. 

4 hours ago, workinprogress said:

No regions have not been arranged by enrollment. Classifications yes but regions no. However, I think it was implied that District 10AA has been dominant over 9AA due to numbers. However, the numbers for enrollment were wrong. So my question is should the regions be rearranged just so for others reasons? My thinking is that a fan was frustrated because his school can't beat the metro teams. It is what it is. 

i think your thinking is spot on.  

Perhaps District  9 and District 12 can swap their district designation. That way current District 9 teams would stand a good chance winning a region game, and maybe even getting to the Sectional. But they would still have to get past District 10 ,even in District 12, to make it to the state quartefinals. 

Of course, they could always go to District 8 and avoid District 10 teams altogether. But now they would have to get past the Chattanooga teams to get to the quarterfinals.

11 hours ago, workinprogress said:

Not sure where you got your enrollment numbers from but at least one appears to be off. According to TSSAA portal EN enrollment is 714 not 1131. Are the others off as well? I could see if it was slightly off but this is more than 400 students off. 

I'm not familiar with the TSSAA portal - I simply pulled them from  www.usnews.com

If the TSSAA #'s are anything like their refs... 

4 hours ago, jn2rons said:

I'm not familiar with the TSSAA portal - I simply pulled them from  www.usnews.com

If the TSSAA #'s are anything like their refs... 

We really can't trust the numbers TSSAA puts out but I also know that usnews is not an accurate source either. There used to be a website that focused 90% of their content on high school enrollment & how it pertains to classifications in sports. It only lasted for a couple of years but they were accurate & did a nice job of keeping the site up-to-date. I don't know why they shutdown but they did back in 2015 I believe.

It wasn't anything to do with the TSSAA because it was a website that did the enrollment numbers for all 50 states. I have been trying to think what the name of this website was all day long & can't remember for the life of me. I have Googled to try & find it but nothing has came up. I don't remember any name in the website title but I just know it was pretty much high school student enrollment related content.   

Didn’t mean to hijack the thread on enrollment and it may not be relevant at the end of the day. The two districts are a long ways away from each other athletically and skill level. The 2016-17 WH Heritage team could have competed in region this year… They lost to Whites Creek in the Semis (WC won Region). Maplewood and East were loaded too... think that Maplewood won state that yr. It’ll take the perfect storm For a 9AA team to get more than one game in Region play.