Turf in Sumner County

fredjones

2 hours ago, WingT08 said:

Teams that can't compete and win always talk about their "tradition" so yeah Gallatin has plenty of tradition, the tradition of not winning but talking about the good ole days when you did. Congrats on having "the best tradition" in the state of Tennessee. We would all love to see your rings from that. Fact.

Usually the fans of teams with no tradition make fun of those who do.  I bet your team ended with a loss last year just like mine did.  

5 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. Many more injuries on turf. Fact. Turf is not as kind to you during a hard fall. Fact. It has to be replaced every few years, which costs H*** of a lot more than upkeeping Grass. Fact. 

Actually playing on it multiple times, I feel that I can have a good opinion of turf. By the way, you should call Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Ohio St., Michigan, Texas, UGA, and ask why they don't use turf. Because it sure as heck isn't because of a lack of $$$. But hey, Vandy has turf!!!

And that 80 year old dump has a ton of tradition, which even the rivals will say. It is nice going to watch a Game at GHS. You are right over top of the action with no track and the bleachers being right on top of the sidelines. & opposing fanbases can almost never "fill" our visitors stands (Which are larger than most team's Home side). But yeah, you keep enjoying these new style stadiums built out of aluminum beer cans, and can only hold a capacity of like 2k. Good for you. 

Next.

Texas, Michigan , and Ohio State have turf

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

You obviously don't have a clue what you are talking about. Many more injuries on turf. Fact. Turf is not as kind to you during a hard fall. Fact. It has to be replaced every few years, which costs H*** of a lot more than upkeeping Grass. Fact. 

Actually playing on it multiple times, I feel that I can have a good opinion of turf. By the way, you should call Tennessee, Alabama, LSU, Ohio St., Michigan, Texas, UGA, and ask why they don't use turf. Because it sure as heck isn't because of a lack of $$$. But hey, Vandy has turf!!!

And that 80 year old dump has a ton of tradition, which even the rivals will say. It is nice going to watch a Game at GHS. You are right over top of the action with no track and the bleachers being right on top of the sidelines. & opposing fanbases can almost never "fill" our visitors stands (Which are larger than most team's Home side). But yeah, you keep enjoying these new style stadiums built out of aluminum beer cans, and can only hold a capacity of like 2k. Good for you. 

Next.

Actually the cost of upkeep for grass fields is between 20-30k a year with the cost of chemicals, gas and mower upkeep, and paying someone do the job. Not to mention the cost and time for painting the field. The majority of the initial cost of turf is the bae layer. Most turf fields have a 10-12 year replacement life and all that has to be replaced is the actual turf which is less than half of the initial cost.  Once you save the money that you would put into upkeep of natural grass and money made for other uses for the turf the replacement cost is offset. Plus you never have to worry about poor field conditions for weather and late in the season. 

2 hours ago, purple75gold said:

Actually the cost of upkeep for grass fields is between 20-30k a year with the cost of chemicals, gas and mower upkeep, and paying someone do the job. Not to mention the cost and time for painting the field. The majority of the initial cost of turf is the bae layer. Most turf fields have a 10-12 year replacement life and all that has to be replaced is the actual turf which is less than half of the initial cost.  Once you save the money that you would put into upkeep of natural grass and money made for other uses for the turf the replacement cost is offset. Plus you never have to worry about poor field conditions for weather and late in the season. 

Living in the area.Turf fields are a must, if maintenance or coaches are not going to take care of them. Then you need to do turf. Especially if you have youth programs and other sports. Fields can take beatings! Which are sometimes hard to overcome. Helps later in the playoffs when it gets cold, unless you have a good foundation already set! 

I definitely think turf has its place! For some programs it is more suitable to just choose turf. But just personally, I have yet to play on a turf surface that had the same feel as a quality grass field. I'm not totally against turf. I just think this notion that turf fields = way better surface than anything else is a little absurd.

It's kind of like a manual transmission: It impresses high schoolers and the average joe, but the boring ol' automatic is faster in every way & wins races. 

21 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

I definitely think turf has its place! For some programs it is more suitable to just choose turf. But just personally, I have yet to play on a turf surface that had the same feel as a quality grass field. I'm not totally against turf. I just think this notion that turf fields = way better surface than anything else is a little absurd.

It's kind of like a manual transmission: It impresses high schoolers and the average joe, but the boring ol' automatic is faster in every way & wins races. 

Playing on Grass is the best, but for money saving and youth programs being involved. Turf is the way to go! 

Miss my ole Manual though! 

21 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Traditionally getting their tails whipped... Makes total sense. Do you really want to see the win/loss total? Do you want to know what their record is against every rival they've ever played? Who has the most players in sumner county make the NFL? Who has the most titles in the county? I mean since you DID mention "Traditionally" and all. 

You have an empty head. Not even worth the time. 

Go back to the playground. 

In the past 10 years Gallatin is 13-17 versus their Sumner Co rivals. I don't see many titles the past 10 years for the ole green wave. 

2 hours ago, WingT08 said:

In the past 10 years Gallatin is 13-17 versus their Sumner Co rivals. I don't see many titles the past 10 years for the ole green wave. 

Those are facts. And most of those wins you are referring to are from the last coaching staff that left in 2011. Things are definitely going to improve sooner than later. But traditionally, (since that was the topic) We still have a LARGE winning margin still over every region opponent. 

9 minutes ago, thegreatone36 said:

Those are facts. And most of those wins you are referring to are from the last coaching staff that left in 2011. Things are definitely going to improve sooner than later. But traditionally, (since that was the topic) We still have a LARGE winning margin still over every region opponent. 

Take away Beech, who has owned Gallatin of late, at 8-0 and Gallatin is 13-9 the last 10 years vs Sumner Co rivals.  I definitely feel as you do though.  Things are gonna improve!! And that tradition is still very strong and there is still a very large win margin.