AA State Predictions

sportslover88

40 minutes ago, Iceman2000 said:

If you had to rank teams from 1-8, how would everyone rank the teams with 1 being the best.  From top to bottom.  Let's hear everyone's thoughts and opinions.  

If I were doing a power ranking, this is how I would go... I've seen almost all of these teams play also.

4 - South Greene

5 -Grainger

6 - DeKalb Co

1 - Macon Co

3 - Cheatham Co

8 - Marshall Co

2 - Westview

7 - Covington

• Like 1

I can’t really rank because I don’t know much about all the teams...I will say Westview got beat pretty bad by Cumberland County in a tournament earlier. SG beat Gatlinburg by 5 in substate, and DeKalb lost to Gatlinburg by 5 in December. But all that also gets thrown out the window this time of the year. Anything can happen in the glass house. I will say, from what little I’ve gotten to see if everyone, that Macon, Cheatham, and SG are probably my top three. 

7 minutes ago, dctiger said:

I can’t really rank because I don’t know much about all the teams...I will say Westview got beat pretty bad by Cumberland County in a tournament earlier. SG beat Gatlinburg by 5 in substate, and DeKalb lost to Gatlinburg by 5 in December. But all that also gets thrown out the window this time of the year. Anything can happen in the glass house. I will say, from what little I’ve gotten to see if everyone, that Macon, Cheatham, and SG are probably my top three. 

You can't put anything into the Cumberland County loss... completely different team now. 

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

You can't put anything into the Cumberland County loss... completely different team now. 

I've watched WV 4 times since we (Gibson County) beat WV the 2nd time this season in the Lions tourney. The most amazing part of the WV identity is that they completely changed their offense after Christmas. What coach puts in completely different offensive set/lineup during the middle of the season anymore?  Based upon all of the teams that we've faced this year, (to me)...they are by far the best and most versitile team that we played all season. If their offense is clicking, they're going to be a very difficult out...but their entire post-regular season attention focuses on defense and they force you to play their style of ball. A good draw this afternoon and they can make it to Saturday. 

It'd be nice for all 3 of our NW Tennessee teams to go deep this year and I'm hoping it happens. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

I've watched WV 4 times since we (Gibson County) beat WV the 2nd time this season in the Lions tourney. The most amazing part of the WV identity is that they completely changed their offense after Christmas. What coach puts in completely different offensive set/lineup during the middle of the season anymore?  Based upon all of the teams that we've faced this year, (to me)...they are by far the best and most versitile team that we played all season. If their offense is clicking, they're going to be a very difficult out...but their entire post-regular season attention focuses on defense and they force you to play their style of ball. A good draw this afternoon and they can make it to Saturday. 

It'd be nice for all 3 of our NW Tennessee teams to go deep this year and I'm hoping it happens. 

Agreed completely... Westview is not the same team they were earlier this season. If Westview plays well, they have a chance to bring back a state championship Saturday.